FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the SHOT Show, I did see FN's new low profile, non-snag 3-dot fixed combat sights for the Five-seveN pistol. Although the ones I saw at the FN booth did not have Tritium inserts, the sales rep claimed they would be available for those who prefer night sights. -I liked these sights on the pistol better than the standard sights.

I also saw a Five-seveN with a Flat Dark Earth colored frame. -It looked good.

·
Registered
395 Posts
How do they replace the front sight?
How much were they?

I have a few Dark Earth 5-7s in stock, but they are not the cheap $815 price.

I like the thought of night sights on my 5-7.

But the front blade looks fixed...

??

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbozag said:
How do they replace the front sight?
How much were they?
The sales rep told me that the slide has to be sent into the factory for the new lower profile sights. I do not know what that will cost. I agree that the sights do not look easily interchangeable and I noticed a different molding on the top depending on whether the sights were the standard ones or the low profile ones. -I did not see the tritium ones at the show, but according to the sales catalog I picked up at the show they are supposed to become available in the 2nd quarter of 2008.

As far as price goes, he quoted $850. I believe he meant for the pistols with the low profile sights but without the night sights. He claimed the ones with night sights could be ordered even though they are not presently available, but I do not know how accurate that was. -He was trying to sell my friend's store on the promotion of buying four guns and getting a fifth free so I think he would say what it took to get my friend to the counter to place the order.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Man, I've been waiting forever for some night sights!!!! Even though I am a HUGE FN mark and have 1 of almost everything they offer, I'm a little taken back by their poor marketing skills as of late. The FNP.45 has been a LONG time coming, and I've been harassing Bob over at FN about the night sights for just about as long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts