FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting my fiveseven tomorrow for $700 plus it comes with 3 20 rd mags and 950rds of 197! im pretty excited... anyway i live in md, so will i be able to get the +10 rd mags? if so does anyone have them in stock? also how many states require you to register handguns, is maryland one of the few or is this pretty much everywhere? (would suck for the govt. to take my gun one day while the bad guys still have theirs....) any info or things i should look out for with this gun? thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Welcome :)

joshua1636 said:
getting my fiveseven tomorrow for $700 plus it comes with 3 20 rd mags and 950rds of 197! im pretty excited...
That is a heck of a deal :?

joshua1636 said:
anyway i live in md, so will i be able to get the +10 rd mags?
I can't answer that one for you, maybe someone from MD can chime in

joshua1636 said:
if so does anyone have them in stock?
CMMG is pretty much the only source for it

joshua1636 said:
also how many states require you to register handguns, is maryland one of the few or is this pretty much everywhere? (would suck for the govt. to take my gun one day while the bad guys still have theirs....)
Sorry to say but not everyone require gun registration. Indiana does NOT.

joshua1636 said:
any info or things i should look out for with this gun?
Its a great gun so enjoy it!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Criminal Law article 4-305 states MD residents may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

even if you purchased the 10 round extension out of state, by manufacturing it in this state to hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition you could be in violation of the law.

if convicted, you would be found guilty of a misdemeanor and would be subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not to exceed $5,000 or both.

Yes you have to register all handguns and any firearms listed on the MD regulated firearms list.

To do this its easy, go to your nearest Maryland State Police Barracks with the person who is selling the gun. Take the weapon inside, use the carrying case it came with and make sure the weapon is unloaded and slide lock to the rear. Inform the Duty Officer that you want to purchase the firearms from the seller. He/She will give you the proper paperwork to fill out. There is a $10 transfer fee that needs to be paid and its a mandatory 7 day waiting period.

At the end of the 7 days you will receive the paperwork back indicating wether or not you can take possession of the firearm. if you can simply sign the form at the bottom to confirm the transaction was completed and make sure you retain the proper copy for your records.

If you are going to purchase this firearm make sure you do the proper paperwork and get it registered, I don't need to tell you that its a serious violation of the law to be in possession of an unregistered handgun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts