·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Nice.

We just bought a 32" Sony LCD for $699 because our other TV just went out (everythingw as red). I didn't really want to spend that $ - but the stores don't sell regular TVs anymore... We had to get a flat screen.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
LOL, i have been chilling with my Sony XBR 1080p and i love it! Although i paid 4 grand for it :oops:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
LOL, i have been chilling with my Sony XBR 1080p and i love it! Although i paid 4 grand for it :oops:
i got a samsung 40' 1080p when it was around 3000. if only i had waited another 6 months i could have gotten the 42", but that's always the case. anyhow, i am happy with it.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea, thats the way technology works :cry:

·
Registered
320 Posts
iCeMaN said:
You pay to get the best, that's how it works! 120hz refresh, right?

Texas, nice tv for an excellent price! I recommend you all get a decent universal remote next. :? You can get an excellent entry level univeral remote that can control lights, outlets, and every component that you have in macros starting around $350 (or less depending on options that you want). Programming is simple for most, and any questions, shoot me a PM :)

There is NOTHING like hitting WATCH DVD on your touch screen remote, having the TV turn on to DVD input and muting itself, the DVD turn on to play, and then main MENU/TITLE, the surround turns on to DVD input and sets to Dolby digital surround, and your lights dim, leaving only one set on at the lowest level, ALL AT THE SINGLE TOUCH OF A BUTTON! Enjoy :eek:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yes, its 120hz. I also have a ps3 via blu ray and a nice blu ray player by sony....
Hell, i even have a tv in the can...but that may be tmi lol

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
itstock said:
iCeMaN said:

Texas, nice tv for an excellent price! I recommend you all get a decent universal remote next. :? You can get an excellent entry level univeral remote that can control lights, outlets, and every component that you have in macros starting around $350 (or less depending on options that you want). Programming is simple for most, and any questions, shoot me a PM :)

There is NOTHING like hitting WATCH DVD on your touch screen remote, having the TV turn on to DVD input and muting itself, the DVD turn on to play, and then main MENU/TITLE, the surround turns on to DVD input and sets to Dolby digital surround, and your lights dim, leaving only one set on at the lowest level, ALL AT THE SINGLE TOUCH OF A BUTTON! Enjoy :eek:
I have an old Logitech Harmony 680 that I have been using for years. It's real easy to program. It doesn't do lights but that's cool. Hitting one button to change from watching cable to starting the blu-ray or firing up the xbox 360 is fine for my needs.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I picked up a like new Hitachi 50-inch plasma set in a pawn shop for a great price.

LOVE it!

:shock:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've sold and/or programmed quite a few Harmony 1000's and 890', excellent and SIMPLE entry level remotes.

You can control lights with the 680, get the Maestro IR's. I'm using a couple IR's that are line of site (including fan/light control), and using z-wave switches and outlets elsewhere in the house. I'm currently using an 890 so that I can utilize the RF for my hidden components.

lights all on, but dimmed (you can also dim from the remote)...
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/1388/homelighting001jg4.jpg

lights set at favorites, same as where they go for watching theater and night tv (day tv turns off all the lights)

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/8315/homelighting002bl0.jpg

old picture from when nobody could get the concept that it was NOT a touch screen like my previous 1000 :-D (also missing watch DVD, as well as the good night sequence that turns everything off, dims hall lights, turns on the bedroom lights, and the blanket heater)

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5030/homelighting006aq2.jpg

And what a Maestro IR looks like (and I'm ashamed that I have yet to switch the cover plates out to "screwless" ones)
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/517/homelighting010sj4.jpg

Anyway, the point of this is that if you spend money on a great TV, a universal remote that also controls lighting SIGNIFICANTLY increases the enjoyment and grandeur of your A/V setup.

Texas Armadillo said:
itstock said:
iCeMaN said:

I have an old Logitech Harmony 680 that I have been using for years. It's real easy to program. It doesn't do lights but that's cool. Hitting one button to change from watching cable to starting the blu-ray or firing up the xbox 360 is fine for my needs.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I have a 6 inch lcd touch screen remote from sony for my home theater

·
Registered
320 Posts
iCeMaN said:
I have a 6 inch lcd touch screen remote from sony for my home theater
Sony needs to stick with the TV's. They fail horribly with their remotes. :cry: Which one do you have with a 6" screen? Or are you talking about more of one of their automation controllers?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Hmmm, never had an issue out of mine although im not fond of their pc's personally. Ill build my own....hehe
This is the god machine

This is the jesus machine

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I just picked up a Samsung 40 inch LCD with a surround sound system :shock: Playing the Xbox360 has a whole new meaning now. currently killing the bad guys in Rainbow 6-Las Vegas

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I havent played life for a while. Im too glued to Metal gear solid 4. I have a FiveseveN and a '90 with a can on it. I can't count how many melons i have popped with it lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts