FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the info Rusty, I had not heard about these yet. I just can't make myself be excited by yet another version of the AR platform. I love my FN guns, and I am happy that the contract seems likely to make them a bigger player in the US market, but I don't think the world needs another direct impingement mil spec AR with some aftermarket parts slapped on it and sold for a premium.

FN has some great platforms, but I would much rather see them bringing the cost of the SCAR down or coming out with different caliber options for the PS 90 or FS2000. Maybe we will see something like that for Shot Show 2016...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree wholeheartedly. Though, the DMR platform referenced in the article could be intriguing. I guess we will get some more info next month at the reveal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would like to see them introduce a 6.5 Grendel AR. It's one caliber I am intrigued by the most and waiting for a major manufacturer to push it from niche to mainstream.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I love the buzz of new products before shot show...it's like the excitement of a big wrapped package under the tree...the anticipation is like little kid fun lol. I for one have been wanting someone to make a 20 inch barreled piston driven AR. The whole world seems to revolve around the 16 inch barrels. I'd really like to see some 20 inch Scars hit the market, without the tight match grade chambers, and...ANNNNDDDD a reasonable price ! But I do believe that's a few more Christmases away lol.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
They will sell a lot more of these than they would a 5,000$ MK20. I'm sure more of their production lines are geared toward ARs already so it only makes sense for them to do this. Unfortunately the die hards on this site that would actually buy the MK20 represent the minority of gun owners who would be more than happy shelling out 1600$ over even 2300$ for the 16. :p. I hope to see more FN guns in the future.

Reactions: Hairlesswookiee

·
Registered
961 Posts
Calibers I would like to see in the 17s
-5.56/.223 interchangeable barrel for the 17 I heard about so many times
-300 Blackout (if they do the one above why not this one?)
-6.5 Grendel in 20" or better barrel (not sure if these bottom two are even feasible)
-6.8 Creedmoor in a 20" or better barrel
like a poor mans ballista! LOLA

Reactions: s4mur41h4x0r

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Stay tuned... :eek:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I searched and didn't see a category for the FN15 rifles. Now that they are expanding their models will there be a category for them.

I am glad FNH is selling various models, now my wish list just got bigger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts