5,859 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I'm waiting for these to hit the market, going to pick up a 20" version even though I really don't NEED another AR to stick in the safe.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Either Im missing something or this is just something FN put out for us FN FANBOYS........ Doesn't seem any different than any of the other AR15's out there, minus the FN logo.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
exactly but since I am late to the party as usual and do not currently have an AR in my inventory I too will pick up both versions of these bad boys!

Either Im missing something or this is just something FN put out for us FN FANBOYS........ Doesn't seem any different than any of the other AR15's out there, minus the FN logo.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Curious about the cost, but overall i dont see a point in buying a ready built AR just cause of the logo unless there is a marked difference in quality compared to price.

I also wonder if they are sticking with DI or are these piston rigs.

Despite all of my qualms i would buy a lower or an upper if the prices were right.

·
Administrator
11,103 Posts
I already have one of their uppers that I got last year on Black Friday from PSA. If they sell just the lower, I might buy one to marry with the upper but I can't see another AR15 in the safe just because it says FN on it, even though it would be really cool.

I have to build one on my Saker lower first......

·
Registered
514 Posts
Depending on the price I'd pick up the carbine version. But to be honest I would almost put that cash toward another Scar. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Meh, I already have an DI AR-15 that works, as I'm sure most of us do.

FN should have made a GP AR-15/M-4 to compete with H&K in the military and with LWRC in the civi world.

Jesus, I'd love to see FN knock H&K on its a$$.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Price point for military?
This!!! I'm planning on using my tax refund to buy my wife a Scar 16 as a graduation gift this May, but I may consider getting myself one of these babies and gifting my M&P15 to my brother at the same time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yawn.....another cookie cutter AR. Looks just like every other Mil spec AR on the market. If your going to try and break into a market that is already established you need to come up with a little something special?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts