FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought one yesterday at a steal. What have I gotten myself into? No stranger to weapons, but the FN is new to me. Own BAR's. This rifle intrigues me . I hope it works. From what I have read here,things are hit and miss.

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Welcome prohunter4, I can say that I have had my AR enhanced with viper glass and dialed in at 600 yards with superber accuracy and if/when the SHTF, this will be my trusted faithful companion. You did good with your FNAR purchase as it will be a long term keeper for both hunting and paper fun. :?

Be safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
You're not alone ProH, the good friend I convinced to join the FN family purchased his FNAR yesterday at Gander Mountain this being his 2nd FN following his FNX-45. He is quite excited to own the FNAR.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has there been anyone that has narrowed down the manufacture dates of the rifles with the jacked up rail so n the receiver ? I removed my scope and checked it with a square and it seems straight . Gonna be next weekend before I can put the rifle through its paces. Again, I really hope this rifle works, it looks good next to SLP MK1.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Congrats on the FNAR and welcome!:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds like you got a great deal, congrats, if you enjoy the rifle half as much as I do mine, all is good... my guess is hit or miss will depend more on your shooting abilities than the rifle.

enjoy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats and welcome, I own 2 FNAR and a SCAR 17S. I like paper more with my FNAR than my 17S which says alot because I love my 17S. This said they both are very accurate with my ability at 300 yrds. I just like the FNAR with paper because of it's simplicity. It is just one BAD-A__ rifle!!! Google piratye gun and check out the video kinda cool, lots of good video out there and info you will enjoy.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Accuracy is as Accuracy Does

..my guess is hit or miss (accuracy) will depend more on your shooting abilities than the rifle.
Hi ProHunter4, Jim is right, it is all about the shooter as long as you don't have a rail problem. Consistency is the trick and for those who have figured it out, the FNAR is great. Enjoy yours and welcome to this corner of the FNH USA forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts