FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New FNP owner here. I just picked her up on 5-11-08 at Bass Pro Shops. And took her to the range the same day!!!!! :D I got the FNP 40, all black with the shooter's pack to boot. But, I'm a lefty, so I can't use the holster except if I put it on Small Of Back, which doesn't bother me since I am a big boy. Does FN offer a lefty holster for the shooter's pack? I already emailed FN, but should hear from them by today, I hope. And, does anyone have any problem with their 14 round 40 magazines when there's 14 rounds in it? I've noticed that round number 9 is really loose in the magazine, and its in all 3 magazines that came with the pistol :-? Anyway, I also have an HK USP 9mm which the FN 40 is giving her a run for her money!!!!!! Might have to do and FN Vs. HK competition...... So far I've been impressed with the quality, fit and finish of my new pistol. I have gotten used to HK's and was a little worried that a different firearm maker wouldn't be just as good as an HK. Even after 130 rounds through my new FN she's still nice and tight!!!!! Nice!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I'd swear I read a message from another lefty a few days ago - If I remember right, he checked, and there are no left handed shooters packs... Sorry...

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received a reply from FN about the magazines rattling around with a loose cartridge. They said try taking a round or two out and the rattling would stop. Tried it and it worked. The rattling isn't that much of concern, and I haven't experienced anything wrong with the magazine's, but they said they're trying to figure that one out and when they do they will let FN user's know. For me, going from 14 rounds to 13 rounds isn't a problem. I'll have extra magazines, ammo in the truck anyway :?

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah they seem to work with 13 rounds, not big issue either. Thats how I solved the problem awhile ago, just hoped someone else had a better solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am back....

i used to be a nube on FNP 40 ....not any more......

So far I had shoot over 1300 rounds.... Is only one word to discribe the gun..... Superb and outstanding a 10 in my book :shock: :shock: :) t!!!!! I will promise i will take picture if my target and post them.... i have never yet have a problem with it....the one thing ...after the first mag....My hand get a little swetty and I put a huge grip.....what a great feeling on the gun...problem solve.... also improve my acuracy and recovery....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Furyataurus said:
New FNP owner here. I just picked her up on 5-11-08 at Bass Pro Shops. And took her to the range the same day!!!!! :D I got the FNP 40, all black with the shooter's pack to boot. But, I'm a lefty, so I can't use the holster except if I put it on Small Of Back, which doesn't bother me since I am a big boy. Does FN offer a lefty holster for the shooter's pack? I already emailed FN, but should hear from them by today, I hope. And, does anyone have any problem with their 14 round 40 magazines when there's 14 rounds in it? I've noticed that round number 9 is really loose in the magazine, and its in all 3 magazines that came with the pistol :-? Anyway, I also have an HK USP 9mm which the FN 40 is giving her a run for her money!!!!!! Might have to do and FN Vs. HK competition...... So far I've been impressed with the quality, fit and finish of my new pistol. I have gotten used to HK's and was a little worried that a different firearm maker would be just as good as an HK. Even after 130 rounds through my new FN she's still nice and tight!!!!! Nice!!!!!!

hello....the same company that manufacture the holster for the FNP40 does have difrent option for left handed ....visit the website...I am buying a new one and they it very close to the original they make for FNP 40 but with a difrent look to it.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rafaelg1976, I meant when someone buys a new FN pistol the holster that comes with it is only for right handed people, not left. Bladetech's lefty holster for FN runs about $70 with shipping/handling. I was asking why can't FN put some lefty holsters out there for us lefties.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts