FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and have read several topics about the fnp-45. Just bought one last month came with holster, 3 mags. mag holder and case. After reading some of the topics and trying to load the 15 rd mag went back and purchased uplula mag loader. (great invention)..
My question's concern the topics about external safety-decocker. The model ? i bought comes with safety-and-decocker and could be carried locked and cocked. Is this the latest model? I looked at fnp-40 today at the range and this model did not have a safety, just decocker. :oops:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Yes the weapons with safety and decocker are a newer design. I take it you would rather have decocker only?

·
Registered
319 Posts
It sounds like you got the new USG shooters pack with man safety.
Cool deal. If you don't mind me asking where did you get it and how much.

The one I found is $660. I would really like to get the FDE one. But as of yet haven't been able to locate one. I may have to settle for the black one.
Either one with night sights would be a bonus. I dunno how much longer I can stand it.

Got a can in the safe with $700 in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it at cabelas $650.00 it is the stainless slide. Only one type in stock at this store. I like the one I have, just looking at the comments in the forum and seeing different questions asking about safety-holsters-etc. started me wondering about different models. Like i said im new to the forum and this is the first FN for me. :roll:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Got a black decocker-only model about 3 weeks ago and love it. But would have preferred the saftey model since this is my first decocker gun ever.

·
Registered
48 Posts
SELFDEFENSE said:
Got a black decocker-only model about 3 weeks ago and love it. But would have preferred the saftey model since this is my first decocker gun ever.
I really wanted the FNP45 w/thumb safety but bought one without it. I really like it, sold my XD45 Service and bought the FN. When I consider that all of my Sigs just have decockers, I really don't know why I wanted the thumb safety version.

·
Registered
319 Posts
45thumper said:
I found it at cabelas $650.00 it is the stainless slide. Only one type in stock at this store. I like the one I have, just looking at the comments in the forum and seeing different questions asking about safety-holsters-etc. started me wondering about different models. Like i said im new to the forum and this is the first FN for me. :roll:
How is the safety operated?
Safe at top then fire & decock?
Could ya take a couple of pics?
Put em on photobucket and link them.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Powermad, I have the FNP-9 USG with the safety. It works the same way as the FNP-45, and yes, it is safe at top, fire, then down to decock. I don't have pictures of it with me, so if someone else wants to post them, it would be appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts