FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fired my FNP9 for the first time today. Ran four clips through it, and it consistently ejected into my face, culminating in a hot case getting caught behind my shooting glasses in my eye socket...not fun.

Also, the slide didn't lock back 3 out of the four times after the last round....

Is this ejection pattern normal for this gun?

Thanks,

·
Registered
873 Posts
It will change to a more normal pattern after a couple hundred round break in period.

Some folks have had luck storing the weapon with the slide locked back for a week or so, this seems to cure it as well.

It's all break in related.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
What Ship said :?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I shot 50 rounds of CCI Blazer through my FNP-9 yesterday. After finishing the last magazine, I felt something on my head, reached up, and found an aluminum case! This is the second time I have fired this pistol, and I have fired 170 rounds so far. The pistol also bounced two cases off my forehead.

I am glad to hear that it should stop doing this after I put more rounds down range! Since it always goes bang when I pull the trigger, I'm really not complaining.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
jimk0512 said:
I shot 50 rounds of CCI Blazer through my FNP-9 yesterday. After finishing the last magazine, I felt something on my head, reached up, and found an aluminum case! This is the second time I have fired this pistol, and I have fired 170 rounds so far. The pistol also bounced two cases off my forehead.
Since I usually shoot at an indoor range, I'll get casings bouncing off the dividers and hitting me in the head and face. I've even caught a few in my shirt pocket (when I wore a shirt w/pocket, which was once). :roll:

When I shot at my friends place outside, I had nice piles of casings at about my 4 O'clock 7 feet away or so. Made for easy picking up :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts