FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Got my new FNP-9 yesterday, and after I got home, I tried swapping out the backstrap to see which one fit better. The larger one came mounted on the gun, but when I changed them, I didn't have a small screw to use with the small backstrap. The big screw is too long, but my kit didn't come with the small screw.

Does the new kit come with this screw? Or do I have to find one myself? Or can I contact FN and have them send me one?

Thanks for the help,

BuckeyeInMI

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I'd just call FN - they will sned out the parts to you ASAP.

Call 1st thing in the morning and U won't have to wait so long on hold.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thats strange....The same screw fits both panels on my FNP9M compact. I don't think there is a second grip panel screw. You may be trying to over tighten it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, not overtightening. My mechanical aptitude is pretty high. It's obvious that the screw is too long for the smaller backstrap. I can feel it starting to press against the inside of the mag well, and it's still a good 1/8th of an inch from being close to flush with the backstrap.

I'll try to contact FN and see what they can do for me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My screw works with both backstraps as well. They may have installed one a little longer by mistake.

·
Registered
873 Posts
The same screw works equally well with both backstraps on my FNP 40.

·
Registered
4 Posts
WEIRD! :evil: i have the same problem with my FNP-9! only one screw came with it, which is the long one for the bigger grip, then i tried to put the smaller grip it won t work with that screw. try email FN but i didn t get any answer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts