FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I posted once in another thread, but since I am now the proud owner of my own FNP-9, I thought I would start a thread of my own. :)

I have looked at these pistols for a long time, but just like my son said when I brought it home..."I thought you were a 1911 man, and didn't like polymer framed pistols?" To that I said, "This one's different."

I do have a SIG SP2022, which I bought simply as a beater, that I would never have to worry about getting scratched. While it is "ok", it never warmed my heart, it was just a tool.

Now like I said, this FN is different. I don't like double action handguns. I like single action 1911's. Always have, always will. BUT, this pistol has the absolute best single action trigger on a DA/SA handgun that I personally have felt. Short, crisp, clean. This gun could sway a many 1911 owners very easily.

So, it's great to come to this forum and learn so more about the FN line, and in particular, my new favorite pistol. :?

·
Registered
31 Posts
steel609 said:
This gun could sway a many 1911 owners very easily.
I'm fairly new to this gun owning thing but I've shot quite a few and I do know what I like. I fell in love with the 1911 the first time I shot one and I'll agree, the FNP-9 has a great trigger.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. I've been thinking real hard about picking one up, too.

I'm just curious, have either of you tried the FNP-45?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congratulation on your purchase. :)

Here in Canada the FNP-9 is prohibited. :cry: Only legal for LEO/millitary. :cry:

All handguns with barrel shorter then 4 inches are "Prohibited".
The stupid thing about this is that something a lot more powerful and/or potentially more dangerous for the police as the FNP-45 or FN five-seven are not. This are just "restricted. :-?

Talk about laws made by people that have a clue. :-? :roll:

·
Registered
37 Posts
raggededge said:
Congratulations on the purchase. I've been thinking real hard about picking one up, too.

I'm just curious, have either of you tried the FNP-45?
I just shot my new FNP-45 USG over the weekend and was very impressed with the pistol. I only had time to fire 150 rounds and had only one hang-up with a round not chambering. I installed the thin backstrap and like the grip better. Pistol has one of the best SA trigger pulls for an out of the box gun in IHO. Using a UPLULA had no problem loading the 15 round magazine or any of the other 24 rounders. I hope to get in on the group buy for AmeriGlo nightsights when that go through. If your thinking about getting one I think it is one of the best deals going on a hicap 45.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have one, and very much agree. :cool:

I was just wondering if they had tried it, being that they are both fans of the 1911 that enjoy the FNP-9.

·
Registered
31 Posts
raggededge said:
I have one, and very much agree. :cool:

I was just wondering if they had tried it, being that they are both fans of the 1911 that enjoy the FNP-9.
I haven't, but would like to. If it's anything like the FNP9 I'm sure I'll like it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
cruzthepug said:
steel609 said:
This gun could sway a many 1911 owners very easily.
I'm fairly new to this gun owning thing but I've shot quite a few and I do know what I like. I fell in love with the 1911 the first time I shot one and I'll agree, the FNP-9 has a great trigger.

Excellent taste sir. I own the exact same FNP-9. I love it.. it's so damn good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks guys. That's really helpful and now I can "shop around" for the right price on range magazines... :D

Hey, how do I throw some Karma around? :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
ShipWreck said:
NillaIce said:
Hey, how do I throw some Karma around? :)
Just click on the "+" or "-" on anyone's name - right by their avatar. You can only give 1 pt every 24 hours.
I noticed the plus/minus today. Many thanks... I've been impressed with the helpfulness on this site...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts