FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I asked earlier about the de-cock levers not being level...well mine was slightly bent due to my holster (right side got caught while i was holstering it). But i did fix it simply by bending it 1/12 of an inch up. No big deal. So went to Heber, Arizona to shoot off some rounds..shot 100rds of 147gr HP Speer Gold Dots, no malfunctions...break-in was a breeze..gun works perfect, as the FN logo on the gun proves itself. Love it, excellent choice for back up to the Glock 22 :cool:. Anyways..to the pictures..(I do not know how to embed, so sorry if they are just links).

Sorry the pics are fuzzy, took them with the camera phone.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Dayumm. 100 rnds of Gold Dots for target practice. Must be nice. I can't afford to shoot anything above WWB. :-D

Glad to hear your pleased with your purchase.

Is the glock your duty gun? Do you feel like there is a chance that you'll make the FNP your main gun?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dayumm. 100 rnds of Gold Dots for target practice. Must be nice. I can't afford to shoot anything above WWB. :-D

Glad to hear your pleased with your purchase.

Is the glock your duty gun? Do you feel like there is a chance that you'll make the FNP your main gun?
I usually use Speer Lawman for practice myself. Flatnosed like the hollow point Gold Dot, but a little cheeper. I still have some WWB that I loathe due to accuracey problems (at least in my GLOCKs). I often think they are so bad that I should just shoot them into the ground so that it only breaks in the barrel. That way I don't have to see how terrible it shoots. But that would be a waste of ammo, even cheap ammo. I'll have to try the WWB in my FNP-9 and see if it is any better in that gun. I have some 147Gr Gold Dots that was fairly inexpensive a year or two ago. At the time when Gold Dots were pricey, they had one model of 147Gr that was like $13/50 rounds. I picked up a couple boxes and wish now that I had bought them all.

I also might have to try the flat backstrap to see if it shoots any better too, but i still need some DA trigger time. Captdreifus, do you find it shoots better with the flat strap?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
backstrap/duty gun

As far as FNP9, I would not carry that as a duty gun..eventhough the 9mm is a proven round for defense. .40 just makes me feel alot more comfortable. The flat backstraps give it more of a glock or sig feel, which I really like. Its a very easy transition between weapons. No to boast myself or anything, but I have found that the flat backstrap for me, is infact more accurate than the curved. Once i figure out how the pictures work...I'll have to post some pictures from the range. Speer gold dots are fun to shoot since Uncle Sam makes the purchase for me :? A few years back, when they changed from 9mm to .40 that made for alot of 9mm surplus ammo.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
We all have our opinions. ALl I ever carry for my concealed gun is 9mms. I'm fine with that.

I finally have 1 40, but 9mm and 45 ACP are my 2 favs.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: backstrap/duty gun

Speer gold dots are fun to shoot since Uncle Sam makes the purchase for me :?
I see. It makes sense to shoot what you carry if your LE/Mil.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to Rio Salado gun range in Mesa, Arizona yesterday..FNP 9 is a well made weapon. Shot 250rds of WWB (115), 100 Speer GD's (147), and 100rds of some UMC stuff. Not a single hitch. Near 1000rds with no problems..I almost trust this thing with my life :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts