FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FNH has just released the new FNP USG 9mm and .40 in flat dark earth with front slide serrations and a combo DA/SA with manual safety. (In other words a decocker and manual safety) Whats really cool is that the pistol can be loaded/un-loaded with the manual safety engaged. The pistols look great and are available at your local dealer. Pictures soon. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
An FNP in DA/SA with a manual safety has been what I wanted from day one. I was lead on that there would not be one so I broke down and bought a Browning Pro-40. Now in the Flat Dark Earth, that even makes it more sweet. I will be keeping my eye open for sure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
FNMAN said:
FNH has just released the new FNP USG 9mm and .40 in flat dark earth with front slide serrations and a combo DA/SA with manual safety. (In other words a decocker and manual safety) Whats really cool is that the pistol can be loaded/un-loaded with the manual safety engaged. The pistols look great and are available at your local dealer. Pictures soon. :D
This sounds GREAT! Now, can you announce when the same thing will be available in the FNP-45? Give me an approximate date and I'll make a deposit immediately. Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
FNman, is this the same gun as the FNP dimensionally, but with the aforementioned differences? Any change in the rail system? Do you know anything about a striker fired gun? Thanks for the heads up on the USG.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This sounds interesting. I might have to wait for this one to come out. I would prefer a DA/SA with safety.

I wonder if it will only come in dark earth or will it be available in black too.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I can't locate any dealers that have one of these yet. I want to buy one right now! 8)

Is Tanner's still selling them? They used to have FNP's on Gunbroker but now I don't even see any evidence that they are even operating on there anymore.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are these out?
I was under the impression that they weren't out yet.

I don't think I saw this type on the FN website last time I went there.

What's the status on availability and is it even out yet?

·
Registered
203 Posts
By saying the pistol has been released I am just assuming they are being shipped now. There should have been no real development changes to hold something like this up since they already had the Browning Pro series which is essentially what this is. I'm sure it doesn't take a lot of R & D to make a color change in the molding process that they use to make the frames.

One question I have about these. Are they being shipped with Night Sights?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw the FNP-45 in the latest issue of Special Weapons & Tactics Magazine and it was the USGI model, in OD green. It might have been tactically correct. However, I disliked the frame color. I'm only considering black or possibly the tan color from this point forward.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any updates on the USG version? I'm holding out for this version of the FNP-9, but I want to know if FN is going to make it available before their Shooter's Pack promotion ends. That would make it a sweet Christmas present :cool:

BTW, has anyone seen the new version yet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Supposedly the FNP-45 is going to come out sometime this month. However, FN USA has changed this release date at least two or three times previously (originally was supposed to be out in August). If they don't come out soon and have a decent double action trigger, Glock will have one less 21 SF model to worry about since I'll take one home instead of the FNP-45.

·
Registered
31 Posts
been looking locally as well, I asked a local dealer about the FNP9 with the decocker/safety, he said there was not such a think, he started calling around and said they should be in soon, but had no idea when.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I saw the FNP-45 in the latest issue of Special Weapons & Tactics Magazine and it was the USGI model, in OD green. It might have been tactically correct. However, I disliked the frame color. I'm only considering black or possibly the tan color from this point forward.
That was a misquote-it was flat dark earth, not OD.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts