FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather late to ask but, just bought a new FNS-40 @ $500.... good deal, bad deal? Good good 'comments' from most 'sites'..... any 'pros & cons' from you all?

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the .40!

It wasn't a bad deal, but prices have come down as of late. As for the gun itself...very good choice.

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Welcome :) and congrats on your new FNS-40 :?

$500 is a good deal, as akitainu stated the prices have come down due to FNH USA discounting the MSRP by a $100. Best advice which will be echoed in here, lock the slide back for about a week before you shoot it, it comes from the factory with a VERY stiff recoil spring. Also, clean the pistol before you shoot it, again it comes from the factory with a fair amount of cosmoline. Good shooting to you! :biggrin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok.... thanks much to you both!
Haven't shot it yet so I'll lock the slide.....btw, I'm not only new to this forum, I'm new to guns period so any helpful advice like best own holster, best ammo, etc. is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
You're very welcome, since you're new to the forum AND guns I can tell you you've already made two very wise decisions. One, you bought a fantastic pistol in the FNS-40. Two, you joined FNForums, the best place on Earth for all FN related matters and a great place to hang out. Congrats again. :?

Ok.... thanks much to you both!
Haven't shot it yet so I'll lock the slide.....btw, I'm not only new to this forum, I'm new to guns period so any helpful advice like best own holster, best ammo, etc. is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought mine at $550 a few months ago, so I would say good deal. I also love the thing, very comfy in my IWB hybrid.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Bought mine (stainless) for $550. Outstanding firearm. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! The FNS-40 is my favorite gun in my collection, you have chosen wisely. There are a few threads around on how to loosen up the gun and work the trigger or you could just shoot it. I have hundreds of rounds through mine and it just gets better over time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok... so what's the best OWB holster?...best ammo to 'break in' a fns-r 40?... and the best mag loader? Got some arthritis in both hands and can't get the last few rounds into the mags.
Thanks for info.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Funny of my day!

I have an FNX 40 and a FNX 45.....absolutely love them!

I have had a mindset that I might like to try a striker fired pistol as all I have are hammer fired.

Of course the FNS 40 was my first thought.

A month or so ago I went to a gun show and saw a FNS 40 for 459.00. The price caused me to stop and look as I thought it had to be used. It was NIB (do not remember the test fire date) and from a dealer at the show who was about 100 miles from me. As I had not "found the need" I passed on buying it by telling myself that I have enough guns.

I also have been looking for the EFK barrel for .357 Sig and last night pulled the trigger on one and I have an UPS tracking number and a delivery date of this Friday so I may actually be getting the barrel.

THAT barrel caused me to want to further push a maybe agenda with the purchase of a FNS 40 and have the .357 sig barrel to use in my FNX 40 and a new FNS 40.

So off to a couple of local gun shops. One of them carries FNH and was where I purchased my FNX 40 and a couple of other weapons and ammo and accessories in the past. I told the clerk of the 459.00 gun and he did not believe me. Their FNS 40 was "On Sale" for $599.00 so I asked if it was their best price (I have never haggled with them before on a price). The clerk went to the owner and the owner seemed a little irate at me even asking that....does attitude come to mind. He said he would kiss my ass on Main street in the middle of the day if that $459.00 gun was new. I simply said that it appeared new to me and that I would pull my pants down right there for him. He somehow got really pissed at me then even though he had made the kma comment, and he even said I was stupid to believe the price.

I simply asked a question if it was his best price at $599.

LMAO, I would have probably purchased the gun for $599, but not any more. AND now I am off the fence and will definitely purchase an FNS 40 to spite his beautocks......but some where else.

So yes to the OP, $500, IMHO, is a decent price. And congratulations on your purchase. FNH has won my trust with the two pistols I already own.

I went to a couple of other gun shops today after this episode and asked the same question on other guns (one a FNAR Heavy) and they were happy to let me know their lowest price......I will return to their shops in the future. Went out of their way to look up data....and I purchased ammo at both simply because of their professional manner, and I had ample supplies of ammo prior to walking in their stores.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Funny of my day!

I have an FNX 40 and a FNX 45.....absolutely love them!

I have had a mindset that I might like to try a striker fired pistol as all I have are hammer fired.

Of course the FNS 40 was my first thought.

A month or so ago I went to a gun show and saw a FNS 40 for 459.00. The price caused me to stop and look as I thought it had to be used. It was NIB (do not remember the test fire date) and from a dealer at the show who was about 100 miles from me. As I had not "found the need" I passed on buying it by telling myself that I have enough guns.

I also have been looking for the EFK barrel for .357 Sig and last night pulled the trigger on one and I have an UPS tracking number and a delivery date of this Friday so I may actually be getting the barrel.

THAT barrel caused me to want to further push a maybe agenda with the purchase of a FNS 40 and have the .357 sig barrel to use in my FNX 40 and a new FNS 40.

So off to a couple of local gun shops. One of them carries FNH and was where I purchased my FNX 40 and a couple of other weapons and ammo and accessories in the past. I told the clerk of the 459.00 gun and he did not believe me. Their FNS 40 was "On Sale" for $599.00 so I asked if it was their best price (I have never haggled with them before on a price). The clerk went to the owner and the owner seemed a little irate at me even asking that....does attitude come to mind. He said he would kiss my ass on Main street in the middle of the day if that $459.00 gun was new. I simply said that it appeared new to me and that I would pull my pants down right there for him. He somehow got really pissed at me then even though he had made the kma comment, and he even said I was stupid to believe the price.

I simply asked a question if it was his best price at $599.

LMAO, I would have probably purchased the gun for $599, but not any more. AND now I am off the fence and will definitely purchase an FNS 40 to spite his beautocks......but some where else.

So yes to the OP, $500, IMHO, is a decent price. And congratulations on your purchase. FNH has won my trust with the two pistols I already own.

I went to a couple of other gun shops today after this episode and asked the same question on other guns (one a FNAR Heavy) and they were happy to let me know their lowest price......I will return to their shops in the future. Went out of their way to look up data....and I purchased ammo at both simply because of their professional manner, and I had ample supplies of ammo prior to walking in their stores.
I've seen them for 429 new WITH night sights

·
Registered
13 Posts
500 dollars is an excellent deal. Don't forget that you also get a $30 debit card from FNH as a rebate. Fill out the information and they will send it to you I think it is available until September 1

1 - 20 of 21 Posts