FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Congrats on your new gun. Glad to see you like it so much. I recently purchased the FNS 9 (10 round magazine per CT laws) with night sights from Bud's. I was surprised to see my test case envelope was dated from September 2013 (21 months ago). I was able recreate the trigger problem by moving the trigger forward that locks the slide. I don't think it's a big deal but I'm keeping my eye it. Like you, I seem to prefer the bigger back strap.

I do have a basic question. One of the lubrication points is 1/4" from the end of the barrel. Just what does this mean? Is it just a drop on the top a 1/4 back or all around or what? Also, do you think steel case ammo like Brown bear is ok to use? The cost per round is pretty low. Thanks
The lube point is just to help the barrel along since it contacts the slide during operation as the barrel pivots upwards. And as far as steel case goes, my FNS 9 has eaten more Tula than anything else. For the most part, these things just don't care what you feed them.

· Registered
219 Posts
I ordered a FNS 9 full size in SS with a MS this past Saturday from Buds. After reading of the old stock being sent out I am concerned about mine. It seems odd that Buds would have stock that old. Does anyone have any more thoughts on this. I do not want to get one that has the trigger issue. If it does should I refuse acceptance from my FFL.
It's not that Buds has stock that old...it's that FN has stock that old. They warehoused FNS handguns on full tilt production so the line could be re-tooled for the FNS-LS and FNSc Models.

FN is, not, nor will they ever be, a custom-arms manufacturer...they're a military arms manufacturer. That means product on had in excess of demand. Make a bunch, run low, make a bunch more.

· Registered
219 Posts
I happen to have my FNS-9 Stainless Slide waiting at my FFl while the mags are blocked to 15 rounds. I purchased it from GrabaGun two weeks ago. I went to look at it yesterday and noticed a 8/13 date on it's spent casing. Why have these guns been laying around so long? FNS should have included the incentive they did to the black last year to move them. I have my fingers crossed that it has all the updated to the trigger.
So far as any of us know, only the first runs of the matte and stainless FNS (2012) had the old trigger.

· Registered
219 Posts
I picked up my stainless FNS 9 from my FFL today. I gave it a good checking over before I did the paper work. The date in the casing envelope was April 2013. That date gave me some worry and I still don't like the fact that there are so many older ones still left out there. The trigger seems okay to me. I tried to give it a test to see if it had the problem but I am not sure if I did it correctly.

Overall I liked the gun in real life and I did the paper work and took it home. I need to give it a good cleaning since its been sitting around for 2 years.
No better of a cleaning that you would if it were assembled yesterday. The grease they coat them with will literally last half an eternity. The Birchwood-Casey Synthetic Safe Gun Scrubber works wonders at blasting it out of the nooks and crannies.

· Registered
219 Posts
I have a question concerning this trigger issue that I hope someone can answer. When you do a field stripping of the gun to clean you must pull the trigger to remove the slide. Is this related to the trigger issue that is know about and how does the factory fix the problem?
No, it's related to discharging the striker before disassembly of the firearm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.