FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I picked up my new FNS 9 from FFL about three weeks ago and was finally able to get to the range this past week to put some rounds through her. Having shot the FNS 9 previously, I was not at all surprised at how well it performed. No hiccups whatsoever. The trigger was not only 'ok', but actually fairly smooth right out of the box (maybe I got lucky) without any grittiness. If anything, maybe a tad heavy - but I will take that in a carry pistol. More accurate than I am, that's for sure.

My question is this; has anyone else noticed the recoil spring 'rides up' the barrel unlock surface? The recoil spring sits in a curved groove in the barrel unlock surface, however, after shooting (and even after simply racking the slide a couple of times), the recoil springs rides up on the barrel surface. It seems to move a fair amount as well - maybe 1/4 inch or so.

This may be absolutely normal, but before I start travelling around to gun shops asking if I can take down their FNS 9's to see if they do the same, I thought maybe I could get some info from the forums. I am hoping this is normal, as I hate to have to ship it off to FN, unless it is necessary.

Appreciate all the feedback and posts . . . I have learned quite a bit from reading them.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent! Much thanks to DrDenby and Walt. I appreciate the responses - which do make perfect sense. I was worried that if the spring assembly slipped off the lug while firing, my face would be in a world of hurt (not that it already isn't - lol). Many thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts