FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new FNX .45 a couple days ago, and love it so far! It's pretty soft shooting, and not as big as I was expecting. Really thrilled with the purchase. I do have a question though. I have a Surefire x300 Ultra weapon light. It has the universal latch installed, but the pistol has a picatinny rail system. I do not have the Picatinny latch for the weapon. Will I be able to use the light on the pistol with the universal latch installed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I worded that badly. I did try it, and it fit, I just didn't know if it would cause damage to the rail or light

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Thanks for the pic. I can't image the universal latch will eat up your rail or cause any damage to the rail or light. Looks good to me, nice and secure. Great looking FNX45 you have there!

Here it is. The light fits snugly and snaps into place. Doesn't seem to have any play either. Just curious if there is a significant difference between universal and picatinny that could cause any issues.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s523/lpsharp88/E4ED13D9-6D05-470C-8871-326C9F2B8FF3_zpsa0haxzi7.jpg

PS
I tried to put the image in there, but apparently it's too big

·
Premium Member
9,504 Posts
It sounds like it will be fine. From the Surefire site:

"The X300 Ultra can be attached to a pistol or a long gun since its Rail-Lock[SUP]®[/SUP] system permits rapid attachment to and removal from either Universal or Picatinny rails."

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
One thing I found, is that the cheapo ammo TULAMMO, WWB will crud up the light lens quickly..
wipe down frequently

Nice looking rig... It looks just like mine :)
I modified mine with a a dot of dayglow orange paint on the front sight dot.

although I had get rid of my "Factory" magazines, as my Commie POS Governor and his pals, have determined
that factory standard = High Capacity, so I had to buy "Connecticut child safe" 10 rounders :-(

you know...."It's for the children"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pic. I can't image the universal latch will eat up your rail or cause any damage to the rail or light. Looks good to me, nice and secure. Great looking FNX45 you have there!
Thanks for the input! I didn't think it would cause any issues, but thought I'd check. Figured that it would make a good night stand gun, can't ask for a whole lot more than 16, 230gr pills in one package.
As a side note, I'm originally from Ohio, go Buckeyes!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It sounds like it will be fine. From the Surefire site:

"The X300 Ultra can be attached to a pistol or a long gun since its Rail-Lock[SUP]®[/SUP] system permits rapid attachment to and removal from either Universal or Picatinny rails."
I saw that, and what confused me was the package came with the universal latch installed, and a Picatinny latch in the box, with instructions for how to swap them out for use with a picatinny rail system. So I thought that there was a difference between the two.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
awesome! My brother in law played on the Morehead State Volleyball team in College - LOL! Where in Ohio are you originally from? I am from the north side of Cincinnati....up by Kings Island? Great nightstand gun....I have the same one, just with a threaded barrel and waiting on the green laser version of that surefire light to hit the stores:)

Thanks for the input! I didn't think it would cause any issues, but thought I'd check. Figured that it would make a good night stand gun, can't ask for a whole lot more than 16, 230gr pills in one package.
As a side note, I'm originally from Ohio, go Buckeyes!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome! My brother in law played on the Morehead State Volleyball team in College - LOL! Where in Ohio are you originally from? I am from the north side of Cincinnati....up by Kings Island? Great nightstand gun....I have the same one, just with a threaded barrel and waiting on the green laser version of that surefire light to hit the stores:)
I'm originally from Hamilton (! optional haha). So you're from around Mason then? It's really surprising the amount of people from around there come to Morehead, didn't expect to meet as many as I have down here.
To keep it firearm related, I thought about getting the tactical version, but I really don't have any intentions of getting a suppressor or putting any kind of optic on there, so I decided it wasn't worth the extra coin.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
you made a wise decision then because they are both the same straight shooting pistol otherwise. I am relatively new to firearms in the last year since joining this forum so I jumped in with both feet - - Trijicon RMR 06 and Osprey 45.......the OSPREY is still in jail until later this coming summer. I went through the Kings Mills school system our biggest rival was Mason. I got out of there in 1994.

QUOTE=lpsharp88;589692]I'm originally from Hamilton (! optional haha). So you're from around Mason then? It's really surprising the amount of people from around there come to Morehead, didn't expect to meet as many as I have down here.
To keep it firearm related, I thought about getting the tactical version, but I really don't have any intentions of getting a suppressor or putting any kind of optic on there, so I decided it wasn't worth the extra coin.[/QUOTE]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts