FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fianly got to pick up my FNX tactical from the local gun store. A tad on the expensive side but at the same time i got to help support the LGS at 1200ish out the door. Over all i think i am quite happy with the firearm. But at the same time for a 1000-1200 dollar firearm i think it could be better. The finish on the magazines are great and wonderful. No dull spots or missing finish with a nice slippery exterior surface. Sadly for the piston on the other hand there are marks up and down on the barrel like it was being pulled thought something and bouncing up and down. I also noticed that the front sight post at the 3 o'clock position is missing all of its white ring or at least 85% of it. On a side note that is not such a big deal i wish it would be easier to take apart the hammer pack in order to make it easier to clean out on the bottom side. It appears that this one has the safety held in by a small roll pin on the right hand safety lever, if its not a roll pin it would have to be a super small allen key. And if it is a case of being a roll pin its put in there blindly as i cant see any way to push it out. Those seem to be my only grips of it at the time. I still have not taken it to the range to test fire it. that probably wont happen tell after the 4th of july. On the positive sides i put the big back strap on the firearm and it seems to fit my hand pretty well. I tryed it also with the small back strap but it didnt seem to fill in the back of my hand so i replace it back with the big one. The pistol points quite well when picking up to aim, very little has to be done in order to get the sights to line up. Depending how this firearm dose on the range it may become my new CCW piece, But over all i think i will be quite happy with this buy.

Jesse

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Congrats on the Tactical. Both my Tactical and standard FNX-45 had similar marks on the barrel. I believe I read that on the newer FNX-45s it is a small screw holding on the safety.

EDIT: Here's the thread that mentions the safety screw.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Congrats on the Tactical. Both my Tactical and standard FNX-45 had similar marks on the barrel. I believe I read that on the newer FNX-45s it is a small screw holding on the safety.

EDIT: Here's the thread that mentions the safety screw.
Mine was made April of last year and it's the roll pin as best I can tell

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations on your new FNX 45 Tactical! You are going to love shooting this firearm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Bart the past holsters i had where from cross bread. But now they seem to be going up more and more in price for the super tuck. But after looking around it appears Alien gear makes a similar holster to crossbreed and quite a bit cheaper so i am thinking of picking one of these up and going to try it out. From what i read and seen on some reviews it seems to be a pretty good product.

Jesse

·
Registered
1 Posts
ImageUploadedByOutdoor Forums1403990611.739729.jpg

Here's my FNX 45 in FDE I picked up recently...still haven't gotten to shoot it though 😢

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats man. The barrel on my standard FNX-45 came the same way. Didn't find it to be a big deal. The front sight post issue is kind of a bummer though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I fanily got to take out the FNX 45 to shoot on my vacation. From the reports I read in the forums earlier I was expecting to have a few hickups as it has been the first rounds going through the gun. had some no name 230gr ball rounds I tossed in. No issues. no malfunctions at all. Next set I put in was a box of blazer 200gr JHP that was given to me. apparently nick named the flying ashtray. From other forums I read it seemed if it feeds this it will feed anything. shot all 50 rounds with no issues what so ever. recoil was deffently nostably lighter. Next up I tossed in some UMC 230 gr ball. once again it eat everything up so all in all I am very happy. all controls worked as intended pistol whent bang every time. it was a nice light recoil with a nice steady push of the slide. I be leave it shot better then my FNS 40. So far the only thing I can think of I would change on the pistol would be a bit bigger slide release. Next step is to get a holster.

Jesse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts