FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new FNX Tactical. Havent been able to get it out to the range yet, but just looking over the gun I noticed the slide falls forward a bit more then it should. is this normal. I can get it back to what looks like normal by just pushing it back with my thumb. When it does fall forward it looks like the take down lever contacts the slide.

Any help appreciated
Lando

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

As Lester, said...the take-down lever should be straight and parallel with the frame. Maybe strip it down, slap it back together and see where you stand. Because as pictured, it probably ain't right.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Mine's like Lester's, not sure what's going on with yours. It looks like the slide is in the proper position from the pic. Pop the slide off and make sure the hole in the guide rod fits the corresponding nub on the take down lever properly.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stripped it and the guide rod and spring are in place as they should. But I did notice I can rotate the take down lever all the way up until in contacts the frame rail when the slide is off. Can anyone confirm theirs can do this?

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Stripped it and the guide rod and spring are in place as they should. But I did notice I can rotate the take down lever all the way up until in contacts the frame rail when the slide is off. Can anyone confirm theirs can do this?

With the slide off, I can move mine to the frame rail.

Reactions: djv38

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I played with it more today and it seems like I'll strip it and place the guide rod and spring in place. Put it back together rack it back a few times. Strip it again and the guide rod came out of the groove underneath the barrel. Any ideas what's going on with it?

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Well I played with it more today and it seems like I'll strip it and place the guide rod and spring in place. Put it back together rack it back a few times. Strip it again and the guide rod came out of the groove underneath the barrel. Any ideas what's going on with it?
That's normal. When you rotate the takedown lever it moves the guide rod.

Reactions: djv38
1 - 8 of 8 Posts