FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a FNX-9 in the two tone recently and I am looking for any aftermarket parts that will make the gun more awesome than it already is. My main search is for a laser sight, but any other parts that may be awesome are welcome as well! I just want the most badass gun I can have!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
checkout the surefire line of weapons lights. Folks seem to love them for the FNX-9. Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Accessories or parts?

Jathtech developed some parts and still work on new ones. Thus far he has the replacement metal safety decocker. He's working on a trigger kit and mag extensions.

I recommend for accessories a laser or light. Either surefire, stream light or laser max.
If you want a combo laser light. Stream light makes a couple nice ones. I have the TLR2g. I like it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mag extensions would be awesome, the only mags i've found so far are the ones direct from FNH. Its really hard to find stuff for the FNX unfortunately

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you don't have night sights I would look into those as well. I just had a set of Ameriglos installed a few weeks ago...works great !

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
You will need light (both visible and IR), laser (both visible and IR), bayonet, 50 rounds magazines duct taped together for tactical reloads, red dot sight, acog, every magpul accessories, then coat everything in marpat.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just keep in mind that with a light mounted on it, whatever you're illuminating, you're pointing your gun at. And if in a self defense situation, if the BG has a gun and he'll point his gun at your light and may hit you COM or in the melon. I like the weak hand light hold. JMHO.

·
Premium Member
9,722 Posts
With the FNX, honestly the bet investments would be some extra mags, a good holster and a mountain of ammo. It is a good pistol and doesn't need a lot of polish to make it "awesome". I have a Streamlight TLR2s and it is a very good light laser combo. But I honestly don't use it for much more these days than dressing up photos and revving up the cat.

Reactions: BIGBEN

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excuse my ignorance here, but what is the difference in night sights and fiber rod sights or other sights of that nature. Also what are the thoughts on a reflex or something like that? Good idea, or bad? and any recommendations

·
Premium Member
9,722 Posts
Tritium night sights are visible in complete darkness. Fiber optic sights are high visibility sights for lighted conditions. In darkness, they can't be seen.

EDIT: I should add there are sights that have both.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does the tritium in the night sights ever run out? just a quick google shows them to be in the $100 range, and I wouldnt want something that would just run out in a year or two

·
Premium Member
9,722 Posts
It runs out eventually. But it takes awhile. From the Trijicon website:

What is Tritium? Tritium is a radioactive isotope of hydrogen. It is an odorless, tasteless, colorless gas that reacts with the human body in the same manner as natural hydrogen. Beta rays from the tritium hit phosphors to create the glow you see. Tritium has a half-life of 12.5 years, which means that in that time the lamp will be half as bright as it originally was.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The only mod to my FNX-9 is a Streamlight TLR-3 mounted to it. I love the gun and the way it shoots right out of the box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, welcome to the Forum. I have an FNX-40 in the two-tone and I know exactly how you feel about your 9. If I were to add anything, I think Tritium night sights would be a first improvement. I have thought about a light to mount under the frame, but alonewolf's advice, for me, is valid and worth thinking about. The only other change I would consider seriously would be a trigger job. With all the goodies included with the out of the box model, it is an awesome piece in it's own right.

·
Registered
376 Posts
With the FNX, honestly the bet investments would be some extra mags, a good holster and a mountain of ammo. It is a good pistol and doesn't need a lot of polish to make it "awesome". I have a Streamlight TLR2s and it is a very good light laser combo. But I honestly don't use it for much more these days than dressing up photos and revving up the cat.
To what akitainu said I have the streamlight TLR 2HL which works really well. It does add weight to the gun but it comes with a high lumens light (630) and a red laser. Great combo for the FN series.

Cats can always use the exercise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
according to Trijicon the tritium night sights have a life of about 12 years. I have them on all my FN FNX's my 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP and love em!

·
Registered
2 Posts
does the tritium in the night sights ever run out? just a quick google shows them to be in the $100 range, and I wouldnt want something that would just run out in a year or two
according to Trijicon the tritium night sights have a life of about 12 years. I have them on all my FN FNX's my 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP and love em!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats! In thinking about mounting a light, all I can think of is something I saw in a History Channel movie about WWII pilots. They were talking about using tracer rounds in their guns, and the advice was "when it comes to tracer rounds, remember...they work BOTH WAYS". Meaning just what others have pointed out, if you have a light it can make you an easy target...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts