FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I oficially became the owner of a new FNX 9. I am very pleased with the quality of the gun and its finish.

·
Premium Member
9,615 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the FNX!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sweet pistol. I am so happy with mine. Read the Newbies Guide.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know you will really love it. Had mine for about 10 months and love to shoot it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First day at the range today. I am hoping the rest of the break in goes smoother than the first hundred rounds. Probably 25 failures of various sorts. I could not get a hold of any 124 grain so I am hoping the bad day was due to being the first use with 115 grain ammo. The good news is that it was showing signs of improvement by the end. Definately not a ready to go out of the box gun like my glock was. Still not disappointed with it though. When it worked I was carving holes out of the middle of the target. Felt great, and I mean great, to shoot. Hopefully next trip is a bit more satisfying.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Listen Tim. I'm not sure if its the tight springs but check your grip. This gun early on accentuates a relaxed grip. Meaning you may think your grip is fine and you don't limp wrist, but it will expose a relaxed grip acclimated to another less stiff or broken in pistol.

Focus on really squeezing your ring and little finger. It may help until the gun is worn in a little.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts