FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my FNX-9 from the local gunshop yesterday. I'm planning to slip out sometime today and put a few rounds through it.

I was getting a little nervous with some of the negatives I've read about this gun, but I've had good experience with FN rifles in the past, so I went for it… Mine came with night sights, three magazines, and four backstraps. I wasn't sure what was going to be in the case after reading some of the reviews online.

With only minor annoyance I was able to load all three magazines with 17 rounds, even with my little ballerina hands. Per the advice here, I'm leaving them loaded to capacity.

I'm really excited actually to shoot it!

·
Premium Member
13,371 Posts
:welcomesigntb3:TO THE FORUM AND CONGRATS! ON YOUR NEW FNX-9 GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE GOING TO ENJOY IT TODAY HAVE FUN! AND BE SAFE! CLUMSY :?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome to the forum and do not worry about the negatives you have read as they are only for a few FNX-45 models which mine has no issues. I also own the FNX-9&40 and have had no issues. All of the problems with the FNX9&40 have been corrected by FNH USA. Enjoy your FNX-9.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the FNX! Have fun with the trigger time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congratulations. I love mine. There are many like her but I know which one is mine. I hope you got the more accurate black version. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

I didn't spend a lot of time at the range, I only ran about 40 rounds through it. The RO examined it a couple times, and shot a couple rounds. He and I both shot a little left, so the rear sights might need a little nudging to the right.

The only "issue" I have with the gun is really minor: the witness holes on the magazines fill out of order, so the '14' fills after the '15', the '12' after the '13', and so forth. It's not a big deal, but it seems a little weird.

I'm very happy with my purchase. What a great gun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts