FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start by saying that I've owned Glocks of various models for the last 16 years. Never would I have imagined buying any other make of handgun.

As I was checking out the latest, less than impressive Glock Gen4 pistols, I noticed the FN pistol offerings.

What got my attention with the FNX is the ability to carry Condition 1, magazine capacity, and the very natural pointing of the pistol. I bought it.

I've been out shooting in two pistol courses so far, no time for any other pleasure shooting - for a total of bout 1k rounds. Range ammunition has been PMC, Federal, and Winchester White Box, in bullet weights from 115-124gr. I have had no issues with any ammunition/bullet weight at all - this pistol runs like a top. Matter of fact, the first time I fired this gun was from the firing line in a pistol class. Sure glad it went bang.

SD ammo is from Cor-Bon with the 115gr Barnes XPB loaded +P.

This new pistol is awesome and fun to shoot.

The pics aren't reversed - I'm a lefty . . .

3FBDB3FA-88AD-4BD8-B2A5-18110FE4605B_zpswtbvi19p.jpg C230A9C7-7089-492D-BEC4-251D33EB4CEA_zps2dbmnwk0.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
:) I want the 9 and 40 after purchasing my 45. I'd never own a glock again. They do have a great feel / balance / return to aim.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hi Guys! This is Bravo2Zero's wife...

Congrats RRALower!

I own an FNX-9 myself. Outstanding weapon! I previously had a Glock 27 Gen4 (.40 cal), and I VERY much disliked it. However, the FNX-9 fits my hand like it was molded specifically for me, and it's very comfortable to use. After going to the FNX-9, I'll never use anything else. That also goes for my FN SCAR 16s... What can I say... I guess I just love FN products! ;)

*Bravo2Zero's Wife*

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Congrats! Glad to hear it's running well for you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who's made that FDE holster for you?
I had the holster and mag carrier made locally here in the Phoenix metro area by AZ Roadrunner Tactical. He had my FNX gear built, as well as a double mag carrier for my son's M&P 22 in a few hours. Great workmanship and he'll work with you to get you exactly the gear you want. azrrtac.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys! This is Bravo2Zero's wife...

Congrats RRALower!

I own an FNX-9 myself. Outstanding weapon! I previously had a Glock 27 Gen4 (.40 cal), and I VERY much disliked it. However, the FNX-9 fits my hand like it was molded specifically for me, and it's very comfortable to use. After going to the FNX-9, I'll never use anything else. That also goes for my FN SCAR 16s... What can I say... I guess I just love FN products! ;)

*Bravo2Zero's Wife*
I agree with you - the Glock M27 is a nice concealed handgun, but is is a handful. Throughout the two pistol classes I've taken with my FNX, I'm continually amazed at how much easier it is to get (and stay) on target, reload, manipulate controls, etc. Especially since I'm a lefty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts