FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually post in the SCAR 17 area, but scored a brand new FDX tactical FDE 45ACP today to go with my SCAR. Black Friday special, $950.00... Been trying to locate an FDE for 2 months, completely stumbled into it at gun store on the other side of down (it was in FT Worth). looking so forward to throwing my osprey on it and shooting it tomorrow.... any special concerns or issues to address? thanks...

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Congrats! Just clean it before you take it out. Might want to get some O-rings for the barrel to keep the thread protector on (if you ever wind up shooting it unsuppressed that is :D)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Usually post in the SCAR 17 area, but scored a brand new FDX tactical FDE 45ACP today to go with my SCAR. Black Friday special, $950.00... Been trying to locate an FDE for 2 months, completely stumbled into it at gun store on the other side of down (it was in FT Worth). looking so forward to throwing my osprey on it and shooting it tomorrow.... any special concerns or issues to address? thanks...
use good quality ammo (not WWB) and make sure to secure your wrist when shooting. it's easy to limp wrist it at first causing FTF and FTE. the gun ships with a tight spring and will loosen up after a few hundred rounds. and don't forget to enjoy your new weapon.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Reactions: djv38 and LESTER

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Congrats on the Tactical!

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Put 200 plus Rounds through it today. Have an osprey suppressor, a trijicon red dot (love that you can see the iron sights through it), and a Viridian C5L (really nice green laser/ light combo). What can I say, awesome all the way around. Was shooting steel out to 30 yards, on and on. Super accurate, love the trigger, and 15 plus 1 WOW. Only complaint is the small slide release, is there an after market larger one available. This is a great gun.....

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Good to hear you're enjoying it. No after market slide stops available that I'm aware of. FN recommends pulling the slide back to load a fresh mag

1 - 12 of 12 Posts