FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to the LGS last week to purchase an Octane 45 with the intent of getting threaded barrels for my 1911, usp40, g19 etc. I didn't expect them to have it in fde. I was mounted on an FNX 45 Tac. I bought the suppressor and couldn't get the fnx out of my mind. I have been shooting for 40 years so I know when something "feels" right. Went back today and bought the fde one to match my Octane. I planned on buying an rmr also but I couldn't decide which one. The dual illum ones seemed too dark in the back room but I really did't let my eyes adjust to the dark. Thanks all for the help as I read alot on here over the weekend. Bob

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Bob,

Congrats on your new Octane and FNX45T in FDE! Awesome story and thanks for sharing. I too agree with the RMR comment you made. Congrats again.

·
Premium Member
9,504 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the Tactical!

I have a dual illuminated RMR04 on my Tactical and wish I would have held out for an adjustable battery model. It can wash out in bright sunlight or when using a flashlight. Oh well, live and learn.

·
Premium Member
13,488 Posts
:welcomesigntb3:TO THE FORUM CONGRATS! ON YOUR NEW FDE FNX-45 TACTICAL AND OCTANE SUPPRESSOR::!!!:: I WOULD RECOMMEND A TRIJICON RM06 OR RM07

·
Registered
604 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, I went to the LGS last week to purchase an Octane 45 with the intent of getting threaded barrels for my 1911, usp40, g19 etc. I didn't expect them to have it in fde. I was mounted on an FNX 45 Tac. I bought the suppressor and couldn't get the fnx out of my mind. I have been shooting for 40 years so I know when something "feels" right. Went back today and bought the fde one to match my Octane. I planned on buying an rmr also but I couldn't decide which one. The dual illum ones seemed too dark in the back room but I really did't let my eyes adjust to the dark. Thanks all for the help as I read alot on here over the weekend. Bob
deadeye99, Look at a Trijicon RMR RM07 with a 6.5 moa red dot before you buy anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well, I looked at all the options and settled on the RM06. I don't have any trouble picking up the smaller dot and it seems more precise. Thanks all for the advice. I love the automatic brightness feature. I can tell by some of the comments that alot of people don't realize it has this function. My dealer didn't and it's been on his personal gun for months. Now to put a few hundred down the pipe this weekend.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Nice choice and it looks great!

Well, I looked at all the options and settled on the RM06. I don't have any trouble picking up the smaller dot and it seems more precise. Thanks all for the advice. I love the automatic brightness feature. I can tell by some of the comments that alot of people don't realize it has this function. My dealer didn't and it's been on his personal gun for months. Now to put a few hundred down the pipe this weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts