FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I keep seeing the Surefire M300 Scout Weapon Light on member's SCAR's so I'll assume they're popular. I do know I will be having one mounted on my 16s just not sure which version. What some of you may or may not be aware of is Surefire has released for 2014 the M300V with Visible and Infrared capability similar to their M620V Scout offering. Surefire has also released for 2014 the SL07 Scout Switch with allows two means of activation.

Surefire M300V Scout
View attachment 28166

Surefire SL07 Scout Switch
View attachment 28167

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't forget Father's Day is rapidly approaching....hint, hint. :wink:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Nice. i run the M952V on my 16S, which is the same thing as the M620V except it has the dual-tailcap built in (has both the click button and the external tape trigger).

Nice to see them release a more affordable version with the dual cap. I wasn't planning on adding a light to my 17S but if I did, it would probably be this setup you've posted.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey Performify,

You forgot to mention how much more compact even with the SL07 Switch the new M300V will be and lighter compared to the M952V or 620V. Of course as with everything made smaller it comes at price, less lumens and run time, it is after all powered by only one 123A as opposed to the two the others are powered by. I'll sacrifice lumens and run time for less weight where it matters, at the business end. :?

Nice. i run the M952V on my 16S, which is the same thing as the M620V except it has the dual-tailcap built in (has both the click button and the external tape trigger).

Nice to see them release a more affordable version with the dual cap. I wasn't planning on adding a light to my 17S but if I did, it would probably be this setup you've posted.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You're welcome HBJ,

Yep, you should get you one of these setups, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I usually by in force lights but I purchased a Benelli m4 today and might just go with this once I start modding thanks seamac

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Are these things out in the wild yet? They've been on the Surefire website since last year. I know they just released the 300 lumen 1 cell hand held. Surefire is like Nightforce though, they seriously test their stuff before it's released.

What kind of NODs are you guys running?

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Correction Sir:

Neither are on Surefire's website only in their 2014 Catalog. There are a few places online that are allowing pre-order but none in the wild that I've seen. My LGS expects the M300V in a month or so with the SL07 to follow shortly thereafter.

As for NOD's, I've got my heart set on the Oasys SkeetIR w/laser pointer. I've located a dealer who'll sell, just can't seem to get him to budge the price below $11,000. The SkeetIR is the smallest and lightest uncooled NOD available to my knowledge.
View attachment 28174

Are these things out in the wild yet? They've been on the Surefire website since last year. I know they just released the 200 lumen 1 cell hand held. Surefire is like Nightforce though, they seriously test their stuff before it's released.

What kind of NODs are you guys running?

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm here to help Bro as well, repay the favor. What's that saying "do unto to other's as you would have them do unto you"? :biggrin:

:icon_e_confused:DAMN! MORE THINGS TO BUY:p

Reactions: LESTER

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
YEA! USALLY A GRAND OUT OF THE OLD WALLET:lol::-D
Every time I come to this forum, I swear I hear the sound of a vacuum cleaner running at full power. It's an appropriate soundtrack, in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh quit!

Just admit it, you guys love spending your money on worthwhile causes and remember Obummer's hair turned gray the first time he laid eyes on a SCAR. Can you imagine what would happen if he saw any of our SCAR's, his hair would simply fall off and hopefully along with his hair, his skin.

YEA! USALLY A GRAND OUT OF THE OLD WALLET:lol::-D
Every time I come to this forum, I swear I hear the sound of a vacuum cleaner running at full power. It's an appropriate soundtrack, in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Those are nice setups Sarge, just too big for my purposes, now if you can get hold of a M300V with a Gear Sector 3120 both in black you know I'll be calling tomorrow! I can wait on the SL07 since they're not to be found anywhere. I need me a light man, hook a Brother up.

Oh, I called 1-800-GUN-SHIP and got an auto-attendant telling me "Thank you for calling 1-800-GUN-SHIP please listen carefully as our menu options have changed" then a pregnant pause then this "Press 1 if shots have been fired" so I pressed 1 and then got this response "Please hold for the next available operator" and then this "Due to overwhelming demand your wait time could exceed 72 hours, we apologize for the delay and an operator will be with you shortly, please continue to hold" then the background music started, they played Ride of the Valkyries so it wasn't a total loss.

600U's here.

No NODs here and if there ever comes a time when I need NODs, I'll whip out the phone and call for a gunship. Easy # to remember too...

1-800-GUN-SHIP

j/k :mrgreen:

-SS

1 - 20 of 30 Posts