FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, looking forward to getting information on the scar as opposed to a standard piston operated ar15. Hoping to lean a lot about the gun and what the benefits would be to opt to this weapons system over the ar15 system. Any help would greatly be appreciated Thanks..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
all kinds of goodies.....we have been waiting for the S.E.A.L. which is a proprietary lower that allows for aftermarket magazines if your loaded up on those as well as factory magazines. His S.O.A.M.R. - Scar Optimized Alloy Magazine Release and one of my favorites the E.A.C.H. - Extended Angled Charging Handle just to name a few. There are so many things on the horizon according to him that 2015 will be very exciting for the SCAR platform in terms of what SCAR® Enhanced Alloy Lower Manufacturer | Stryker Enterprises LLC is working on.

Check this out:

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-17s/64989-2015-stryker-enterprises-limited-edition-17s-2.html

Stryker Enterprises

what exactly do they sell that would be beneficial for a new scar owner

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all kinds of goodies.....we have been waiting for the S.E.A.L. which is a proprietary lower that allows for aftermarket magazines if your loaded up on those as well as factory magazines. His S.O.A.M.R. - Scar Optimized Alloy Magazine Release and one of my favorites the E.A.C.H. - Extended Angled Charging Handle just to name a few. There are so many things on the horizon according to him that 2015 will be very exciting for the SCAR platform in terms of what SCAR® Enhanced Alloy Lower Manufacturer | Stryker Enterprises LLC is working on.

Check this out:

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-17s/64989-2015-stryker-enterprises-limited-edition-17s-2.html

Stryker Enterprises
so standard ar mags will not work in the scar

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
thanks, that is for the p mags, what about standard metal mags for the ar15?
They should work, but it always a good idea to check. It takes practically no time. I have a mess of Brownells and D&H mags, they've all been good to go.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so what kind of mag comes with the scar when you buy one? It looks like a standard ar15 mag from the pics... I would assume that they are but with a little different area for the mag catch

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
The issue with mags on the 16 is that the BHO is offset instead of centered like an AR. If the notch on the rear of the mag is not wide enough it can push up on the BHO and cause it to ride against the bolt carrier You see this problem mostly with mags with a V notch instead of square one. All my Lancers, Brownells, D&H, and old GI mags do not cause this problem.

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
so what kind of mag comes with the scar when you buy one? It looks like a standard ar15 mag from the pics... I would assume that they are but with a little different area for the mag catch
Mine came with a D&H made steel mag (it has a FN marked floor plate).

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts