FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 17s 5 days ago. It's my first assault rifle. Went the heavy route as I've never been a fan of the varmint round for anything other than varmints. I'm a long time owner of an M14 combat rifle and wanted an assault rifle chambered in the same 7.62X51, as I have a substantial supply of ammo for it. I zeroed the iron sights a couple of days ago and I have to say this is the finest weapon I've ever worked with. Love the forum... I'm here to learn and WILL ask some dumbass questions. Sorry in advance...

Reactions: SpikerAdams

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Good to be here.

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 17!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, folks. Looks like I ticked off the 16s owners with my opening statement against the varmint round, lolol. It's just a prejudice I developed growing up in West Texas and spotlighting at night out off the Kermit highway, south of Odessa. I didn't fire anything larger than .243 until I went into the military, so I've used the rounds. I like the penetration of the 7.62x51mm when you absolutely have to make the first round count. The people that own lighter calibers are cool people though, :).. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Later...

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks... glad to be here. Nice forum with lots of info!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I feel kinda bad though, as I'll have nothing to contribute other than moral support. I'm an absolute fng when it comes to assault rifles and modern day optics choices for them. Anyway, great forum and thanks again for letting me hang around, admins.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welcome and congrats from NC!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome from the People's Republik of Kolorado, a division of Kommiefornia, inc. :welcomesigntb3:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, everyone...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts