FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I started shooting again after about a 40 year hiatus. I inherited some firearms from my best friend when he passed last year. :cry: S&W model 29, Beretta 96, and an SKS. Also, a lot of reloading equipment.

I have enjoyed shooting the Beretta so much I thought it was time to get something a little smaller. Three KEL-TEC’s later, 2- .380 and 1-.32, it was time to buy something to compliment the Model 96. I bought an FNP-40 last Thursday.

Unfortunately for me I didn’t do as much homework as I should have. When doing the initial cleaning before shooting I discovered the dreaded broken part #13 of the fire control assembly. :( I think I might know how to avoid this but that is for another post in the FNP section.

A quick Google and I found this forum and saw that this was not a one of a kind problem, and that it has been corrected by a new part from the factory. Unfortunately for me, Bob is on vacation until Oct. 20 so I am patiently awaiting his return to set up return to FNH for repair. Too bad they won’t send just the replacement part as it seems that it would be rather simple to replace.

Anyway, glad I found this place.
And another thing, how did Madhouse get the video of my old girl friend?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Madhouse said:
She posed for me, didn't she tell you about it?

:-D
She told me, but said it was no big deal, if you know what I mean! :-D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Hello RV and welcome back to the shooting sport. I'm sorry for your loss.
Welcome to this forum. :)

Thank you for doing some reading and not flaming the FNP. They will get you fixed up and we look forward to your future posts.

Please feel free to come here and post your range reports on all your fire arms. We'll do the same for you. :?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Texas Armadillo said:
Hello RV and welcome back to the shooting sport. I'm sorry for your loss.
Welcome to this forum. :)

Thank you for doing some reading and not flaming the FNP. They will get you fixed up and we look forward to your future posts.

Please feel free to come here and post your range reports on all your fire arms. We'll do the same for you. :?
A most welcome place on this great intardnet. Reports will be in the appropriate place.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Welcome to the site!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts