FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a FS2000TR this afternoon and noticed a small problem. One of the thin rubber strips inside the mag well has popped out of the frame and will not allow the mag to lock into place...also makes it very difficult to insert the mag.

Anybody experienced this before...?

LT PSS

FsN
PS90
FS2000?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I haven't heard of the problem.

Rip it out or send it back, I guess. The stock is hard to take apart and even then i don't know if you could get the piece back in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke with the LE FN rep a few min ago and he said they can send a kit to insert a new one. We will see if they will or not, I hate to send the whole gun back to the factory.

BTW...I recieved the mag couplers we ordered for our P90s. Very nice.

Sure wish you had some FS2000 stuff.....I want the FN tri-rail handguard they don't seem to import.

LT PSS

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gun fixed. The "lips" are the gaskets to keep the magazine from dropping free. Popped them out and the gun works fine, plus the mags drop for quick changes.

LT PSS

FsN
PS90
FS2000

·
Banned
114 Posts
The first thing I did with my FS2K is pop out those gaskets.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thanks. If you look on the outside of the frame there are 4 holes on each side where those lips attach. get the appropriately sized punch and pop them out, then grap the gaskets with needle nose pliars. very easy.

I look forward to the PM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts