FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which gun do you think will hit the market first.

1. FN SCAR.
2. Bushmaster ACR.
3. Kel-Tec RFB.
4. Styer AUG A3.

I have been looking at buying a new rifle, and have come to the conclusion that which ever one comes out first is probably going to get my money. I was wondering which one will come out first.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Hard to say. I would guess Bushmaster. They are probably trying to beat the SCAR for the very reason you state... get to the market first and get the sales before the competition.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
FN said they were expecting the SCAR to be released in late 2008, while Bushmaster is planning the release of the ACR sometime in 2009. Whether either are accurate, I don't know. The others, I haven't heard anything about, so it's up in the air.

·
Registered
412 Posts
When talking to the FN reps when they were in town they told me they expected to have the SCAR out in October 2008. I haven't heard anything since.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Last I heard anything about the A3 I was told by a sales rep at Styer that they would announce a release date end of July/beginning of August...I think they forgot

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YEA, I herd the same about Steyr A3, their site just says Coming soon to a dealer near you.

http://www.steyrarms.com/

I just bought another 1000 5.7x28 rounds and a couple more 50 round mag's. But I'm concerned about this election and I want another rifle before January 09 hits and the prices go crazy.

I saw that the Kel tec RFB was also due to be out in early 09, but I'm worried that it will get delayed till 2010 due to the economy.

Well I guess it will come down to the Bushmaster ACR or the SCAR that will get my money. Maybe I should buy some Magazines for them Now!

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
The RBF, Its the next Kel-tec on the lines. Kel-tec just needs to finish up their .22lr tooling and the RBF is up. Kel-tec says Q4 of 2008.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I don't care I want one of each but 2 SCARS!!!! :? :?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The RBF, Its the next Kel-tec on the lines. Kel-tec just needs to finish up their .22lr tooling and the RBF is up. Kel-tec says Q4 of 2008.
Man I hope your right tqtran, I really like that RFB. I've been reading some concerns that the forward ejecting system might have a problem. Have you herd anything on this issue or is it just speculation?

I guess my biggest reason for liking the RFB is because its based on the FAL design, and its a 308.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Last I heard from Kel-tec, they are all ready to go on the RBF.
They just need to finish making PLR-22 and SU-22 parts first before they can switch everything over to make RBF parts.
As for the ejection system problems, its the same system as the FS2000. No worries.

BTW: There is also rummors of it being in other calibers too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know I was planning on getting a SCAR as well, but at the price for one SCAR (est $3000.00), I have started looking at the Bushmaster ACR as well.

I think the Bushmaster ACR will be the first to hit the market, plus at the estimated $1500.00 price, I think they will move Rifles.

Election Time Debate for me -
I am still not sure if I should either stock up on more ammo for my FN guns or get an AR.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Kel-tec said that the first batch of RBFs just shipped.
You should start to see them on Gunbroker and your local gun shop soon.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
tqtran said:
Kel-tec said that the first batch of RBFs just shipped.
You should start to see them on Gunbroker and your local gun shop soon.
I wonder how much those will be on GB. :roll:

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
The RFB looks like it kicks like a mule (expected considering it's a .308 rifle). It's kinda like a .308 version of the FS2000, at least similar ejection. I like the bolt hold open on the last shot.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Are you still going to get the first one that comes out???? I take it that means the SCAR since its out already..............

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I'm not too crazy about that gun. At least it'll take FAL mags.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts