FN Herstal Firearms banner

New guy from OK

Tags
3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Swapwap 
#1 ·
Hello all. I've been reading post for awhile, I am picking up my new scar 17s. Tomorrow so I figured it was time to join the group. Looks like a lot of wonderful stuff on this unique rifle here. Thanks to all for making it happen.

over the next several months I will be outfitting my new rifle so I will come her first for opinions and purchases it here. I look forward to chatting to many in the near future.

#3 ·
Thanks, nice to see others from here on the site. Now I can get some good help on where to shoot when I get some ammo... Lol

#11 ·
Hopefully ammo will start to turn up again at a reasonable price. But who knows how things will go with this administration.

On where to shoot, I dont know of any indoor ranges that allow the .308. Theres some public/free (with hunting license) outdoor ranges that allow any caliber.

#6 ·
Welcome aboard..
Ah an Okie, I spent some time in Broken Arrow outside Tulsa training reserves.
Keep in mind a Scar 17 is like a motorcycle, the original purchase is just the beginning.. the wallet gets thinner and thinner because you do not want to buy cheap gear to outfit it. you will see!

#12 ·
Thanks all. Rangerman. , Definitely out doors. I suppose by spring ill be ready.

#13 ·
Let me know via PM when your ready. If you need somewhere to shoot you can go with me to the Tri City Gun Club and we will have a blast and get your 17 sighted right.

And this is good to any Okie. If you want to go to the TCGC, just let me know and we will go and have a good time.

#18 ·
Thanks man, I will definitely have to use your over/under. I'm shotgun-less at the moment. As soon as I get some 5.56 I'll get with you. I need to zero my FS with the new optic on it. Thanks again man. Hopefully the ammo shortage won't last too much longer....

#24 ·
Welcome!!! :)

#25 ·
Welcome from Edmond! The OKC Gun Club would be a great place to let your Scar loose. I have a 17 as well...that's where I'll be.

As far as green country football teams are concerned, it's hard to lose in high school football when you recruit so aggressively. That's just sour grapes though...marinedoc187 is right, those guys are tough!

#27 ·
Thanks all. Now I suppose I need to start thinking about some glass a trigger and any other cool and overpriced accessories that can go with it. Lol

#30 ·
Amen brother. Can't wait til I get setting and in a house. Won't be long and off to the ranges

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.