FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just jumping in to say hi. I have been wanting a PS90 for a while (since my purchace of a 5-7) and the Mrs. just gave me a green light. Now, I am torn because I am looking at the FS2000 and Steyr weapons. I want a bull pup design and am going to a fairly large gun show this weekend to test the waters. So, any opinions on which is a better weapon for close quarters combats or building clearing? I am leaning toward the PS90 since I already have the pistol to match and I also already own an AR-15 in .223.

Since I am going this weekend...is there anything in particular I should be weary of when purchasing a PS90 or FS200? Anything I should look for in particular? Thanks

Anyways....howdy from down south.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I prefer the PS90, as I find the FS2000 too bulky in the front end. However, unless U are prepared to stack up a lot of ammo incase obama strikes, U may wanna stick with a 223 weapon then.

I'd be going to that gunshow in Houston myself - but my wife will be outta town, and it's almost a 2 hour drive each way. That's too far for me to take my 17 month old son bymyself (with 1 of my hands currently in a cast). Otherwise, I'd offer to meet up with ya.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
lawdog2k said:
Just jumping in to say hi. I have been wanting a PS90 for a while (since my purchace of a 5-7) and the Mrs. just gave me a green light. Now, I am torn because I am looking at the FS2000 and Steyr weapons. I want a bull pup design and am going to a fairly large gun show this weekend to test the waters. So, any opinions on which is a better weapon for close quarters combats or building clearing? I am leaning toward the PS90 since I already have the pistol to match and I also already own an AR-15 in .223.

Since I am going this weekend...is there anything in particular I should be weary of when purchasing a PS90 or FS200? Anything I should look for in particular? Thanks

Anyways....howdy from down south.
I held both weapon systems in my hands and compared. The P90 is unbelievable in close quarters. I would suggest you do the same.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that's why I want to go to the gun show. To look, fell, and compare. I have an AR15 now, so I got the .223 covered, I was just looking for something else. What's a fair deal for a good used PS90? I see you guys talking about $1300 or so for new ones.

As far as ammo goes, I am sure I will get a bunch if I can get a smoking deal on the gun. I priced new ones in the area and they range from $2200 with optic at Gander Mountain to $2000 for either variant at Collectors.

Is there anything specific I should look for as far as problems with the gun before I consider purchasing a used gun?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Gander's price is obscene, and Collector's is almost as bad. They charge too much on everything. But U can go in there and kill hours of time looking at all the stuff they have.

You are not going to find a used PS90 unless you look online. For a used one - only think I'd check is to see if the ejection port area has been dinged up (many people, including myself, put velcro there to protect the polymer). And, take a look at the barrel in the ejection port area. MAke sure hat area isn't battered.

There used to be tons of FS2000s and PS90s at many dealers at these shows. The last few months, you are lucky to find 1 dealer with a PS90. So, not sure what luck you will have.

I always get in the door of shows at opening time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, gonna get there early. And yes, the prices are obscene at the two shops. I love going to Collectors, though. I will look and see what I can find and report back. If I don't find anything....don't be surprised if I'm hittin' ya'll up for numbers of people to call to buy one. :?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to the show....It was CRAZY! Way too many people crammed into a small area.

Anyways, on to the goods. Found two PS90's. One black with no sight or rail, new for $1500 and found a green one with optical (with no crosshairs) for $1600. I did not locate any ammo. I found a place with magazines for $90 each, but I did not buy any because I didn't want to buy something for a gun I don't have.

Next step, call some shops. I tried Tanner's and they said call Monday. Who else should I call. I know there are sponsors on here, but I wanna deal with a shop you guys have personal experience with and can gimme the best price. Any info? Thanks.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea that is a crazy price....Welcome btw

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Yeah, I saw that guy's table too, he was telling another guy that "you can't get these any more, and I'm not shining you on, they're not coming into the country anymore."

That place was mobbed! Bachman's table had a 2 to 3 hour wait to fill out a 4473. There were at least 100 people in line to buy ammo from Ammoman.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We went from there to eat some Antonio's Pizza and then to Collectors. We had to circle the block and park a couple lots over and then walk. They had two PS90's and each of them were $1975 and $1995, respectively. "We can't negotiate on the price because these are really hard to get." No more .308 AR variants, either.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Madhouse said:
Yeah, I saw that guy's table too, he was telling another guy that "you can't get these any more, and I'm not shining you on, they're not coming into the country anymore."

That place was mobbed! Bachman's table had a 2 to 3 hour wait to fill out a 4473. There were at least 100 people in line to buy ammo from Ammoman.
Damn, I am glad I ordered my USPc 45 from topguninstead of going to the show to get it.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I normally get there 30 min before the doors open to get in first. I'll bet the line before opening must have been long

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nope, didnt buy anything yesterday. I'm till shopping around a bit. I will call Tanner's tomorrow and see what he can do.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I normally get there 30 min before the doors open to get in first. I'll bet the line before opening must have been long
Right at 8:50, there must've already been 100 people in line at least.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Damn dude - I am glad I did not go then. I would have had to take my 17 month old son if I had gone.

I was luckily able to find my mags and gun and ammo online. I love to go browse the shows, but I think the next few will be a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
By 11:00, many of the AR tables looked like they were attacked by locusts - I bet many of the dealers won't come back today.

My friend bought 3 complete lowers from a guy, he said he thought he would be sold out after lunch on Saturday and I bet he was.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts