FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sayin hey. recently purchased a black on black FNP 40 for $379 with the 3-14rd mags etc. have to say this is my first FN weapon and I am quite excited to see how its going to preform.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Make sure you post a range report when you get a chance to put it through it's paces. A couple of things that you might want to know. There is a small break-in period required on these guns (at least mine and shipwreck's required this) to soften the recoil spring a bit. You might find that your mags don't lock the slide back consistently within the first 50-100 rounds and the ejection of the brass may hit you in the head a couple of times. Once you get through the break-in it should be flawless.

Also, since you are a 1911 owner, if you have that habit of putting your thumb up there on the left side of the slide, make sure you aren't actuating the slide release lever by accident.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I am anxious to see if any of those issues will present themselves. When I got my 1911 not too long ago during the first range trip the same thing would happen, mags wouldnt lock the slide back. Should be interesting. Just need to pay it off and get it now lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
bought it for $379, i'd say you got a deal! enjoy your new pistol and let us know what you think of it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gun is paid for, now all I have to do is wait :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well gentlemen today was the big day. I got the call from the Scottsdale gun club telling me they had received my FNP40. After signing all the paperwork I got a lane and proceeded to do a small amount of shooting. Because of my being a broke ass my friend was kind enough to buy me a box of 50 rounds of .40cal range ammo, not the cleanest stuff ever (in fact I never want to use it through another of my guns again). The FNP worked like a charm with only one instance of a feed failure when loading a full magazine and releasing the slide the first round didn’t chamber correctly. No biggie, I cycled the round and moved on without any issue. Magazines locked the slide back when empty and I had no failure to fire. All in all I am very happy with this firearm, I can’t wait till my next paycheck so I can have a proper range day with it. Pictures to follow later.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
*Update*

Just took the FNP40 out again today and shot 100 rounds of the winchester whitebox .40 S&W. I experienced no issues at all and only one casing hit me in the face :D . All in all I only experienced feed issues within the first 50 rounds, after taking a break for a week and leaving the slide locked back everything was flawless. so overall FNP40 = :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts