FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I have a UAR contract BHP coming in next week. If any of you have or know anything about this rare version I would love to hear what you have to say. Info on who the UAR was. United Arab Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The UAR pistols were marked with the UAR coat of arms on the slide. The later Iraqi contract BHP used the same crest but added an extra star. From the little info out there it looks like the contract was for 1000 or so pistols. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. :) Congrats on your rare HP. :?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got around to taking some pics. I was wrong, it does have an import mark and looks like it was refinished at some point. But its still a dang rare pistol. One grip is a replacement so I need to find another old one to match.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Almost Certainly A Battlefield Pick-Up

Looking at the photos, I"d speculate your gun is a battle field pick up from one of the mid-East wars, probably 1967 or 1973, but could be from any of a long series of battles in which the Izzies kicked various arab armies around. The pitting suggests it was exposed to the elements for sometime.

CDI offered a number of these guns in recent years (at fairly high prices relatively speaking) some as recently as this year... 'Buy-It-Now' price on Gunbroker IIRC was about $725 or so for re-finished guns with very worn crests and roll marks.

FWIW

Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts