FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. I've been here reading your posts for several weeks to try to learn as much as possible about the PS90. I have not had the opportunity to shoot one yet, but that won't stand in the way of me becoming a new owner shortly. I am the type of guy that would prefer to have all his ducks in a row before taking the plunge, and I can't decide what optic I want to use. I have 2 Aimpoints now on AR-type guns, and they've been flawless. The Micro T-1 seems like a good choice for the PS90 on a lowered rail (Damage Industries), but I have always been curious about trying an Eotech. The XPS series sits a little lower than some of the others, but I've read that some feel it's still too tall for the PS90?

I know I'm new here, and this may be a lot to ask, but if anyone has pics and / or feedback with either of these optics choices, I'd be grateful. Especially photos from the shooter's point of view. I've already spent more time than I'd care to admit searching here and on Google Images. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Another T-1 here.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Bushnell TRS-25: High Performance Micro Red Dot:

I have one and its very good for under $100. But if you got the dough Aimpoint micro H-1 or T-1

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey Op. I've got my TR set up with Eotech and still prefer it to Aimpoint (which I have on allot of other platforms). Not sure why but it just works well for me on this gun. To me, the PS90 is a gun that allows you to keep you head up and straight - no recoil to speak of, points naturally, small and fast. I tell new PS90 shooters to stay in a natural, aggressive stance and then move the gun into position so it's comfortable. The Eotech works really well like that - just right to me.

Don't have a great shot of the gun/sight but here is my set-up in a hard case with some other stuff.

Not sure you can really go wrong but I encourage you to at least give the Eotech a try. Matt

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pic (nice toys too!). Just curious...is that a XPS or EXPS version? I've held the EXPS both in gun shops as well as on a friend's .458 AR and it seems like a little tank of an optic. Almost disproportionately big for most things it would be mounted to. I've never seen the XPS in person, but I really hate the look of the big thumb screw on the side. I wonder if that's replaceable? Thanks again!

·
Registered
421 Posts
+1 for the T-1

2013-12-27 13.07.52.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey Op. It's the XPS-3. I swapped out the thumb screw for a G&G quick release level - works fine for me. Sounds like the FNnn hive mind is pretty much all about Aimpoint but I will go down swinging ... Matt

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Op. It's the XPS-3. I swapped out the thumb screw for a G&G quick release level - works fine for me. Sounds like the FNnn hive mind is pretty much all about Aimpoint but I will go down swinging ... Matt
I do appreciate the info & pics. In the end, the T-1 did win the battle. I will now have 3 of these, and I do like the idea of having identical optics on all but 1 of my rifles - not that I'm some sort of operator or soldier. I do hope to put an Eotech on something someday - I just wish they could make them smaller. They seem like they're 2-3 times bulkier than they need to be. Thanks again!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello all. I have a PS90 with the USSS sight. I'm thinking about trying a different optical sight. I do like sights that sit low. What high quality rail and optical sight would give me the lowest possible setup? Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just thought I would check in to say "thanks!" again for the help with this. I bought & sent off payment for a new PS90 today - should have my hands on it before this time next week. I bought the optics first - it will be wearing a T-1 on a low Larue Mount, sitting on top of a Damage Industries low-profile rail system, and one of Elzetta's new Alpha series flashlights in a IWC Thorntail SBR mount. I picked up some ammo today at Cabela's, and was pretty impressed at the little size of the 5.7 cartridge - it's the first time I've held one in my hand. Little baby rifle bullets! Already have 2 50-rounders full, and can't wait to sight it in! I will definitely post pics when I get it together - thanks again!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a factory stock PS90 with the USSS sight. The sight, in my opinion, is OK but not great. However, I really like the low profile and the fact that I can get a good cheek weld when shooting. Let us know if your setup gives a good cheek weld. Thanks!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Reactions: RobertTX

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts