FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the add. I made a mistake a month ago and shot a friends 17s. Well now I have one, and Holly cow what a sledge hammer! I have a few other black guns, but this one is FDE. And is rightfully different in color as is is top of the hill! Thanks again for the add.

· Registered
10,043 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 17!

· Registered
1,192 Posts
I work with guys that typically poke fun.
They say that it's no better than any 308, and I could have a few DPMS by now.

I wave to them as they pull out of the lot in their Cobalts and Cavaliers.

Have fun Woodkill.
Your into a really solid platform.

· Registered
1,192 Posts
saltpinch, I sold a DPMS after I ordered the 17. I knew that it would collect a LOT of dust in the safe before it saw any daylight again. The FN promotion was a nice bonus as well.
There are a crud-ton of little fine tuning items for it.
Grips, QD points, slings, spare items, particular decent ammo for the used casings, BUIS adjustment/directions, solvent, lubes, cleaning without being to OCD/abrasive, forend mods(2015), Stryker lowers for 308pmags (if already collected), triggers and then glass or magnified optics.

Try not to waste too much money yet and read as much as you can.
The forum has plenty of really slick owners with really nice mods for weight, speed, or casual benchrest days.

· Registered
465 Posts
Congrats buddy! Scars are so awesome and shine in 7.62x51 that is for sure!! Nothing else like it. I predict you will change the grip, then get an optic, get sling mounts, get a trigger etc.. which promotion item did you choose? Mags and extension im guessing?

· Registered
21,896 Posts
Congrats!!!!

· Registered
3,731 Posts
Nice! Congrats on the superior of the two 17s versions :wink:

Reactions: goretro77

· Registered
1,192 Posts
dtrump, I had the sling mounts and the scope at home waiting for the gun to get here. I did opt for the mags and rail. I guess I will try to upload a picture.
You may like a Warne mount or American defense.
They will get your nuts swinging to the right side of the rifle.

Knuckles don't play well with nuts.

Attachments

· Registered
1,192 Posts
Wood killer,

American Defense as well.
Dr. Biebs approved and certified.

A lot of people like The QD.
Some like the solid 65in/lb equal locking force of the Warne and a few others that have the same torque theme.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.