FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link below is to NRA-ILA article on HB135 changes to NH's Right to Self-Defense (Stand Your Ground - SB88 )

NRA-ILA | New Hampshire: Your Right to Self-Defense is Under Attack

On Tuesday, January 22 at 1:30 p.m., the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee will hear House Bill 135. This misguided legislation, introduced by state Representative Stephen Shurtleff (D- Merrimack 11), drastically infringes on your inherent right to self-defense by repealing important self-defense provisions enacted in 2011.

HB 135 would make the following changes to New Hampshire’s current self-defense laws:
1) Eliminates the provision that allows a person to use deadly force anywhere he or she has a legal right to be. This limits an individual’s ability to defend themselves or third party from assault to their own place of residence.

2) Amends the definition of non-deadly force by removing the provision that specifies the act of producing or displaying a weapon is considered non-deadly force. Thus, drawing or exhibiting your firearm to intimidate a perpetrator could be considered deadly force.

3) Repeals the provision granting civil immunity for the use of force in certain circumstances. The elimination of this provision removes legal protections for law abiding citizens acting in self-defense.

Please contact members of the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee TODAY and urge them to reject this imprudent legislation that will put you and your loved ones at risk. Contact information can be found below:

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 603-271-3184

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thus, drawing or exhibiting your firearm to intimidate a perpetrator could be considered deadly force.
Maybe if the mere sight of a gun gives the perp a heart attack.:th_faint:

All these UN-warranted anti-gun proposals make me :th_puke: .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like New Hampshire has an immigration across their southern border.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If that representative does not want to be able to protect his family then that is ok for me but it is not to take away those that want to protect there families.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Hope someone breaks into NH House Democrat ?? (Whatever his name is) while his wife and kids are there playing and he can not do anything about it!!!
Let me be clear, I do not wish harm on his family.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Surprising move coming from the Live Free or Die State. That said, I've heard of a few Democrats up there feeling threatened by the Free State Project, and that they were going to take steps to make the state less attractive. I guess this is one of them.

·
Registered
341 Posts
What was the turn out at the NH capitol?

The citizens of NH had better take state politics into state hands and get things going.

·
Administrator
11,926 Posts
Never pass. Not in my home state of new hampshire. That's some left wing idiot doing his "thing!":
It wasn't that long ago that you had to retreat, retreat, and retreat some more in NH before they changed the law. It is my understanding that you still have to retreat before you can use deadly force.

This is just the beginning. I told you all that the anti gunners have been working this problem for almost 19 years now since the first AWB and they are going to go full force in every state house and federal level that they can. The media always reports how the NRA is backing somebody in politics, but they NEVER report when the Brady SH do the same thing.

Don't think it will happen? Look at NY......

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
The interest of politicians for you to rely on government to be clothed, fed, and protected rears its ugly head again. I hope people can see through this thinly veiled attempt to gain power over others and votes the scumbag out.

Being originally from a country where people are happy to let the government parent their every move in exchange for freedom and responsibility of self, this kind of thing disgusts me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I grew up in New Hampshire(Plymouth) and my sister still lives there. My sister says that NH is being overrun by Massholes and that's why so many Democrats hold office. These people move up there to get away from Massachusetts taxes and then want to screw up what has made NH so great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts