FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today - it occurred to me - how stupid could I have been to not add a section for the FN Hi Power - DUH! :? :?

Anyway - enjoy...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've seen at gunshows, a Spanish IIRC hi power with an included detachable stock. Don't remember if the stock numbers matched the gun or not. Anyway the guy wanted 2500 dollars for it. Is this reasonable? Also what is the legality of the attachable stock to a pistol, like a Luger, Broomhandle Mauser, Hi Power etc?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U have to file ATF paperwork to have a stock on a handgun. I don't think it is super expensive, though - like short barrelling the PS90 (which costs $200 to the ATF)

·
Registered
156 Posts
ShipWreck said:
U have to file ATF paperwork to have a stock on a handgun. I don't think it is super expensive, though - like short barrelling the PS90 (which costs $200 to the ATF)
Not exactly- If the handgun is of a certain age, the original configuration (of the pistol in your hand) was designed to accept a detachable stock, and its collector value makes it unlikely to be used as a weapon, it can make it onto the ATF list of guns that are approved to be used with the stock without SBR paperwork.

The Bureau has determined that by reason of the date of their manufacture, value, design and other characteristics, the following firearms are primarily collector's items and are not likely to be used as weapons and, therefore, are excluded from the provisions of the National Firearms Act.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/sec3.htm

·
Registered
125 Posts
That is helpful, I didn't know the ATF could be reasonable. The guy at the table said a couple of times that it was a Spanish Hi Power, maybe because the ATF list seems to apply to Belgian Hi Powers. Maybe it is an NFA gun and that why it is so expensive. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No such animal as a Spanish Hi Power. Could be Argentine but I don't think they ever had stocks. Possibly a pre-war Belgian made for a South American contract.

·
Registered
21 Posts
FN HP is one of my Three favorite things! :-D

I bought mine from CDNN a couple of years ago, wish I had another one of these classics -

1 - 10 of 10 Posts