FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago, I purchased a new High Power. Due to shoulder surgery, Ii have been limited in shooting it. Every body who has shot the pistol has been extremely impressed. In my limited shooting, I have also been very satisfied. I used some gold leaf paint to color in the front sight. The only holster available is an appendix carry. I was at Shooter's World in the Villages community in central Florida. They sell a kydex holster that the form at the store. It took about 10 minutes and I had a new holster. Now to the only problem. I was cleaning the High Power to day. The small take down lever came out of the frame. I was able to put the take down lever back into the frame. I was able to put the pistol back together. I will call FN tomorrow to advise them of the problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
dep2386, first off, congrats on the purchase. I will admit that I am a bit jealous (in a good way. lol). I have been trying my hardest to located an SS model and have been unsuccessful. I cannot even get folks to relay an estimated time 'til availability....(sigh).

Second, hope that you are recoverin' well from shoulder surgery. I have had chronic shoulder problems (ol' injuries mostly from soccer).

Third, I am so glad to hear you enjoy that darn gun. I have been reading "professional" reviews...but we all know how that goes.

That is neat that you got a new holster that quick and right there.

I am not sure about the take down lever. Sorry I cannot help there. Please let us know what FN relays to ya.

Well, the SS model is second on my current wish list after a darn good AR. Hopefully, I can get one sometime soon.

Reactions: Steves2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haven’t shot mine yet. Had to send mine back to FN. when I stripped it almost all parts had rust on them. Customer service was quick and responsive and I have the replacement. My only worry (as it was a problem on the 502) is that the guide rod on this gun is plastic! I just don’t understand how that is something they felt the need to do. The gun is already heavy, so it doesn’t save weight essentially and for the price how does using plastic save them much $ either?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts