FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not yet shot the P2000sk, since I just got it this afternoon...

The P2000 shoots great, though. I was very impressed. Put about 200 rounds thru it last weekend, with 3 different kinda of JHPs as well.

I am very happy with it. No issues. Shot both 2 handed and 1 handed, and also did some double taps and also some DA rounds (couple of mags with every round in double action). The DA is a little heavier than a Beretta 92 with a D spring, but I shot it well.

15 yards is the furthest this indoor range does... I can shoot my 1911s and Beretta 92 better at 15 yards - the HK P2000's barrel is only something like 3.66". But, it shot pretty good at that distance - better than I can do at 15 yards with my Shield.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Nice!!! I wish they'd announce a VP9sk That is the perfect size for me.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I got to shoot the gun yesterday evening after a dentist appointment.

First, I shot a few rounds thru my PX4 Beretta. I considered selling it to make up some of the $$ for this P2000sk. I wanted to put a few more rounds thru it to make up my mind.... I think I will keep it. It's the 3rd time I've owned a PX4. Kinda dumb to part with it - I shoot it well. And, the new Hogue grip on it feels good.

Then, I shot some rounds thru the new P2000sk. It shoots well. Worked 100%. I did some straight DA shooting on every shot. In a 2 handed grip at 7 yards, I shoot the gun as well with every shot all in double action as I do with every shot in single action. When you get used to shooting DA/SA guns a lot, you know how to stage the trigger.

Admittedly, when shooting DA every shot in a ONE handed grip - then I DO pull the gun a little to the right. But, that's the nature of the beast.

I had my Shield on me, so I shot a couple mags thru it in the middle of shooting the P2000sk - just to compare. I shoot the HK a little better - especially at 15 yards.

Now, I will say that my favorite of the two HK pistols is the larger P2000. But obviously, it is a larger gun. So, larger guns are always easier to shoot, especially at longer distances.

I love my Shield and will be keeping it - but I will more than likely carry the P2000 and P2000sk (alternating between the two) most of the time. I just like DA/SA guns for carry more than guns with Glock-like triggers. Granted, the Shield's trigger is a little heavier (and posibly longer) than a Glock, but it's still similar. I have always wished someone would make a similar sized, thin, 9mm with an external hammer in DA/SA (in polymer). But for now, I'll have to settle for the slightly thicker P2000sk.

Strangely enough, when on my hip, the regular P2000 feels better to me than the smaller P2000sk. As some of you know, I have an SI joint issue, and heavier guns make my side hurt. The Shield is the most comfortable. But, I'd like something bigger (more rounds) and in DA/SA. The Shield is 1.6lbs loaded, the P2000sk is 1.8 pounds loaded, and the P2000 is 2.0 pounds fully loaded. I think the heavier, shorter P2000sk sticks me in a certain part of the muscle that the lighter Shield and longer P2000 doesn't though.

I know - weird issues - but issues none-the-less when you have low back issues.

Anyway - the P2000sk will be my front pocket gun now, when I wear cargo pants. And, the P2000 will be my carry gun in a Smart Carry holster for draw strings horts (I wear in the summer) or sweatpants. I don't like the Smart carry as much for pants that I wear a belt with (cargo pants) - so, I usually pocket carry in cargo pants.

And, I'll keep my Shield for days my side is bothering me a lot, but I still want to carry a gun.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the info. I carried a G26 for a long time and switched to a Shield a few years ago and like it better for carry than the Glock. I might have to check out the sk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts