FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself. Name's Robert. Grew up in PA, moved here and there, spent the last 30 or so years in California, moved back to PA a year and a half ago.

I own a Beretta 92, a Range Officer, a Smith 686 and just recently bought a FNS 40, my first striker. Absolutely love it. Fits my hand perfectly and is a joy to shoot! I only carry occasionally, but it's my carry piece.

Interestingly, my wife loves it as well and she's never been a fan of autoloaders (she carries an Airweight in her purse.) She has shot my Springer but the 1911 is just too big for her hands. But she says the FNS is just perfect, and she shoots it well. (I see another trip to the gun store looming.)

I had a little trouble finding a holster I liked. But I picked up a DeSantis OWB that is made for the FNX40. The retention strap was made to go over the hammer of the FNX so it wasn't tight to the FNS, but I solved that with a short piece of weather stripping glued to the underside of the strap. Holds the pistol nice and tight and I find it very comfortable to wear.

So anyway, hello to all.

·
Premium Member
9,514 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the FNS!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hiya' rhemmers. Welcome from Pgh. Pa.
☆☆☆Beretta, 92, S&W & FNH, are in my favs. Too. Enjoy the diversity & quality of the Forum.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

Congrats on getting out of Cali!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the greetings. Since we've settled into the woods here (is there anything else around Dubois?) my blood pressure has gone down significantly. That being said, there's a lot Il miss from California: the ocean, the desert and the closeness to Baja, chiefly. But we lived in LA for work and the traffic and congestion and plethora of idiots just got to be too much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts