FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone!

Today was my second outing with the brand new PS90 I picked up yesterday!

My first impression is that this is an excellent rifle!

However, today I had my sunglasses dangling from my neck, and with the downward eject of fired cartridges......

They were nice sunglasses, too!

Hopefully, this may prevent similar mishaps for others.

Victor

·
Registered
426 Posts
Pick-up a brass catcher from FNH or Magazine Parts. It will pay for itself in no time at all by catching the brass, let alone the cost of a pair of shades or nice shirt. 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Info. vs. Old Hat!..

Thank you for your advice and the information!

Amazingly, I read your post less than 30 seconds after ordering the very thing.

Weeeird...

As long as I have your attention, however, I wonder if there is anything similar for the FN Five-Seven pistol (pacckage deal with the PS90!)?

The handgun has one of the longest fired cartridge eject ark of any I have seen and, as you know, it is difficult to find these 5.7 x 28 shells in the yard or at the range since they are small.

Yes, I CAN fire on my property; the beauties of the country life...

Thank you.

Victor

·
Registered
426 Posts
You may try hanging up a piece of cardboard or a tarp next to your shooting position for the 5.7 pistol to make all of the spent brass fall in the same place. I've seen a few brass catchers for other pistols but not the 5.7.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Info. vs. Old Hat!..

Thank you very much, everyone, for the directions!

I am SOOO set with these weapons.

Now, to get the original FAL G1 (not the DSA version!); something about owning the 40, 50, 60 year old weapon that took much of the non-Communist world through the Cold War and beyond...

Absolutely nothing against DSA-- it's an outstanding company with numerous excellent product lines and parts--there is, however, a huge dose of nostalgia for me in actually holding and firing something that may have been to the Belgian Congo, the Falklands, Pakistani-indian border wars etc., etc.

Have no idea what the preceding has to do with my original posts on PS90 and Five SeveN; the total FAL experience, I guess.

I hope everyone has an excellent week.

Thanks, again.

Victor

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, blkbd and other members!

These "homegrown" catchers are pretty clever!

Concerning one worn on the wrist, however, please comment on effect (if any) on marksmanship, i.e uneven weight distribution, peripheral vision limitations etc.

Thank you very much.

Victor

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I never had a brass catcher until recently.

I tyoically shot on a sandbag rest. Or, I just lived with my shirt getting dirty. The brass catcher doesn't work that great when using sandbags (I normally put the rear sandbag under the ejection port). But when standing free - its great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts