FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Well, as you can see by my post count, I am obviously a newbie here. I have a few questions concerning my purchase made today as I am very unfamiliar with the PS90 series.

1) What generation is my PS90? I have no idea. I kind of went off of what the seller told me and he told me this is Gen1. Is that good or bad?
2) What is considered a good price for a OD Green PS90? I paid $1,000 for this PS90 with one extra magazine and 100 rounds of blue tipped FN ammunition, but I'm not sure if that is too much or what not.
3) The seller told me the trigger pack alone is worth a lot and that I could resell it. How much are we talking here?
4) I have no irons on this thing, but I was told some models have them. How do I get them? Or should I just mount a red dot?

Anyways, thanks for accepting me here on the forums! I hope to make this a nice and long stay! I may be picking up another PS90 later in the week, but that's only if I feel like sacrificing my M1A to do so!

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
You have a PS90. You do not have a Gen 1.

That hammer pack is a Gen 3, not worth much at all, latest price from FN $45.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the "sticky" though, doesn't this mean I have a auto sear?

Now, using this system, I will define the generations:

Gen 1: Black pack body, black hammer, OD green semi sear, auto sear present.
Gen 2: Gray pack body, black hammer, OD green or gray semi sear, auto sear present.
Gen 3: Gray pack body, gray or white hammer, gray sear, auto sear present.
Gen 4: Gray pack body, black, gray, or white hammer, gray sear, no auto sear. (As JHS mentioned, the hammer in a Gen 4 may actually be black but the defining characteristic is that there is no auto sear.)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, thanks for clearing some things up. Still a bit confusing and I don't get the big hype over the hammer being different, I figured an auto sear is an auto sear and that's what made this desirable. Is $1,000 for the PS90 too much considering it's not the desirable model?

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Still a bit confusing and I don't get the big hype over the hammer being different, I figured an auto sear is an auto sear and that's what made this desirable
Without the "right" hammer the auto sear is just a pretty piece of plastic.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

Reactions: SyxTnynE

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Welcome... I wish I could find an OD green 1 for 1k. My wife ( The Colonel ) has a household arms embargo.... however I was just able to get a case of SS195, Luepy 2.5 X 8 X 36 MRT, AR10 mags, and Benchmade SOCP dagger.... past the dragnet. I'm sure I could swing a OD PS90 for 1 k.... I'm just not lucky that way.

I think you made a fabulous score ! I have been wanting a OD for a while .... I'm just not looking in the right places.... I make alot of friends at the range with my FN stuff, alot of guy's have never shot a PS.... but rest assured if they have young kids , their kids have shot one playing some video game. They are a infamous weapons platform among gamers.
Believe it or not, alot of gun owners are out of the loop with bullpup's in general.

I love it, light, small, easy to maneuver. Fun to shoot !!! especially 5.7 ammo is easily available, I would stock up on some.... because ammo availability is not always as abundant at a reasonable price !

Regarding ammo, AE ( American Eagle ) is about the cheapest 21-22 a box but has it's limitations, there seems to be some QC issues ( or something ) at Fiochi and it presents feeding issues / firing issues. After that most guys shoot the SS197, most of what is out on the market is Lead Free primers, their long term storage capability is yet to be determined.... ( estimated 10 years ??? ). So if you can buy chance find some older stock with the leaded primers, that is what you want to " HOARD " .... to me top dollar for the leaded primer boxes would be $30 a box. I just bought 2 cases 4k , a few months back for that price. Just to have it around. The price of 5.7 ammo starts at 21/22 for AE, 22-26 for SS197, and there is even an abundance of SS198 in the market place now for $36-$40 a box. The only other round worth buying would be the SS192 if you can get it for $50 a box MAX....
That is a rundown of the 5.7 ammo scene at this time... anything else like SS190 is pretty much unobtainable or crazy priced. Kind of a bummer because that is what this platform was developed for ( SS190 ) !!!!

If you have any other specific questions, PM me. I'm sure I could ramble on & on & on. ( Led Zepplin " Ramble On " ) LOL !

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome... I wish I could find an OD green 1 for 1k. My wife ( The Colonel ) has a household arms embargo.... however I was just able to get a case of SS195, Luepy 2.5 X 8 X 36 MRT, AR10 mags, and Benchmade SOCP dagger.... past the dragnet. I'm sure I could swing a OD PS90 for 1 k.... I'm just not lucky that way.

I think you made a fabulous score ! I have been wanting a OD for a while .... I'm just not looking in the right places.... I make alot of friends at the range with my FN stuff, alot of guy's have never shot a PS.... but rest assured if they have young kids , their kids have shot one playing some video game. They are a infamous weapons platform among gamers.
Believe it or not, alot of gun owners are out of the loop with bullpup's in general.

I love it, light, small, easy to maneuver. Fun to shoot !!! especially 5.7 ammo is easily available, I would stock up on some.... because ammo availability is not always as abundant at a reasonable price !

Regarding ammo, AE ( American Eagle ) is about the cheapest 21-22 a box but has it's limitations, there seems to be some QC issues ( or something ) at Fiochi and it presents feeding issues / firing issues. After that most guys shoot the SS197, most of what is out on the market is Lead Free primers, their long term storage capability is yet to be determined.... ( estimated 10 years ??? ). So if you can buy chance find some older stock with the leaded primers, that is what you want to " HOARD " .... to me top dollar for the leaded primer boxes would be $30 a box. I just bought 2 cases 4k , a few months back for that price. Just to have it around. The price of 5.7 ammo starts at 21/22 for AE, 22-26 for SS197, and there is even an abundance of SS198 in the market place now for $36-$40 a box. The only other round worth buying would be the SS192 if you can get it for $50 a box MAX....
That is a rundown of the 5.7 ammo scene at this time... anything else like SS190 is pretty much unobtainable or crazy priced. Kind of a bummer because that is what this platform was developed for ( SS190 ) !!!!

If you have any other specific questions, PM me. I'm sure I could ramble on & on & on. ( Led Zepplin " Ramble On " ) LOL !
First off, thank you for the ammo break down, I honestly had no idea about the several types! I'm going to have to poke around and see what ammo I can find for the little beast. Also, if you have a black PS90 and a cool little Primary Arms micro dot, I'd be willing to do a trade! The OD color looks cool and all, but I think the black would probably cooler for me if I could score a cool Primary Arms red dot in the process lol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on your new ps90-you need to purchase the man kave extended charging handle for your new ps90-awesome upgrade.
I am about to look this up right after I post this reply! I have to be careful with cash though, I am driving up to put in for a tax stamp to SBR this little guy!

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
Congrats on the nice purchase! That is a great price for what you got. You can check out prices and find a lot of goodies on gunbroker.com. Some prices are high but you can find good deal if you shop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts