FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm very jealous of all you FN owners, one day I hope to join you but our government has prohibited owning many FN rifles. If you know someone in Canada with an FNAR please msg me their contact info.

Thanks again for all the content you guys & gals are creating!

Storm

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome from AZ! :)Good luck on the FAL.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Welcome. How everything in the Great White North?
You will like it here especially if you have a sense of humor.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aye, a sense of humour for sure, just for give me if I randomly add "u"'s into words like colour, humour, behavioural.

I'm loving all the awesome SCAR pictures, a gun which we are not allowed to have in Canada ....

Here's a funny picture I took which will make you appreciate how weird Canadian laws are.

Two Bushmaster ACR's, the one on the left is "restricted" meaning it can only be used at a range and may only travel between a range and home. The one on the right is non restricted, meaning it can go anywhere anytime and may be used for hunting...

Welcome. How everything in the Great White North?
You will like it here especially if you have a sense of humor.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Aye, a sense of humour for sure, just for give me if I randomly add "u"'s into words like colour, humour, behavioural.

I'm loving all the awesome SCAR pictures, a gun which we are not allowed to have in Canada ....

Here's a funny picture I took which will make you appreciate how weird Canadian laws are.

Two Bushmaster ACR's, the one on the left is "restricted" meaning it can only be used at a range and may only travel between a range and home. The one on the right is non restricted, meaning it can go anywhere anytime and may be used for hunting...

Interesting. What are the difference between the two. The one on the right doesnt have 3,6,9 picatinny rails but that can't be the only difference?

Welcome to the forum we are glad to have you.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've spent a lot of time in Canada and really love the country. Mostly in Montreal and in the mountains in northern Alberta. Loved the mountains. The only downside is the gun laws and right to self defensive laws. Though in other cases Canada seem to have less BS laws and better equality.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Alberta, Texas of Canada... Just way colder! Forgive me for saying so but I was really hoping for some of this global warming!
Well you're not alone with the warming wishes, we get the 'Alberta clippers' down here by lake Superior and that's what keeps our blood thick. I feel you on the Canadian gun laws. That's the thing that keeps me from moving up there. Have a few of my chums from Wawa that left the gold mines to come out there and work the tar sands. Are you north enough for caribou hunts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So the differences is 2-1/2". You see the restricted has a 16" barrel and 2-1/2" flash. The non restricted is 18.5" with the 2-1/2" flash cut into the 18" barrel. Obviously if you put a 2-1/2" flash on a 16" barrel it is very dangerous but if you cut a 2-1/2" flash into an 18" barrel it becomes a very non aggressive gun.... *insert sarcastic smile here*

no plans to Caribou hunt, I'm more of a Gopher guy... 8)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
So the differences is 2-1/2". You see the restricted has a 16" barrel and 2-1/2" flash. The non restricted is 18.5" with the 2-1/2" flash cut into the 18" barrel. Obviously if you put a 2-1/2" flash on a 16" barrel it is very dangerous but if you cut a 2-1/2" flash into an 18" barrel it becomes a very non aggressive gun.... *insert sarcastic smile here*
I am glad you have a way to get around an ignorant law.

and Welcome!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome and you won't regret it when you get one and never have to look for another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts