FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member to the forum, not new to guns. Despite my userID, I don't have a real FN FAL. Couldn't afford one back in the days on a Private's pay. But I do have the next best thing: IMBEL made Springfield Armory SAR-48 and an Arizona Response Systems built frankenFAL made from STG58 parts kit and IMBEL receiver.

Anyway, I decided to buy some "modern" military style semiauto rifles after a long hiatus to see what's the big whoops is all about. So after some research I went out and bought a Tavor (black) and a 17S (black because it's beautiful). I liked the SCAR17S so much that I also asked my favorite shop to get me a 16S, which they just happened to have a trade-in from another local customer. This 16S was bought but not shot, so I got an essentially brand new gun at used gun price...the only issue was that it's FDE. I'm sorry, but I'm not a modern soldier/warrior/commando. Back in my days, weapons were black and maybe if you're avant garde, it's OD Green (ala Steyr AUG). Eh, at the price I'm gettin' for the 16S, I ain't complainin' too much.

Other FN branded firearms: FNP9, FNX45 Tactical and FN HP-SA (or whatever the heck FN called the Hi-Power when it was imported under their name back in the early 2000s). Used to have an FNC but sold it for a princely sum back in the AWB days. Can't say that it was my favorite rifle.

Maybe one of these days I'll be able to get me a true FN FAL.

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome to the forum family!:)

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welcome from NC! Always bet on black!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for the warm greetings.

Especially for xslice's Jemez Spring offer. I got a little joint in ABQ. Don't get to spend a lot of time at home because my work takes me on the road the bulk of the year. But then my work does pay for my toys, so I can't complain too much.

New Mexico is a conservative state, yet somehow the damn liberals keep winning elections.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts