FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,
I just bought a FNS-9, which is the first handgun I have owned (shot for familiarization while in AF). Love the gun, especially since I am a Lefty and it helps a lot. I will be taking a 2 day live fire course in a few weeks and need to add a few things to my bag. First, since this is a relatively new gun, there are not a lot of aftermarket accessories designed specifically for the FNS. I need another magazine (almost impossible to find), as well as magazine holders. Any recommendation on generic models if that is appropriate? Also, I will need about 800 rounds for the course, so would like to know what type of ammo to avoid. I know these are pretty open ended, but look to the group to get me up to speed in time for my course. TIA

·
Premium Member
9,779 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the FNS! Midwest Gun Works has mags in stock.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Where are you going for your training?
Just about any 115 or 124 gr FMJ will work.
I prefer American Eagle, WWB, or Aguila.
Check out ebay for mag carriers.
Blade Tech and Blackhawk work just fine.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Utah.

Reactions: Spike72AFA

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well, Enjoy it - rack the slide rather a lot and try and get a few hundred rounds thru it before the course to smooth it out a bit - that will make it better for you. I love my FNS-9, it may be that I like it better than my BHP, and that's going some. It's quite accurate with whatever I've fed it so far, which is not a lot, but blazer brass was fine as is the AE and the PMC all worked FB.

Also, consider using grease on the locking mechanism rather than oil - and I use Gunslick there and on the rails - seems to keep from throwing lube around that way - you can use one then supplment with the other too, if you shoot all day without a comprehensive cleaning, but I suspect that you will clean the pistol at lunch.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Aloha,
I just bought a FNS-9, which is the first handgun I have owned (shot for familiarization while in AF). Love the gun, especially since I am a Lefty and it helps a lot. I will be taking a 2 day live fire course in a few weeks and need to add a few things to my bag. First, since this is a relatively new gun, there are not a lot of aftermarket accessories designed specifically for the FNS. I need another magazine (almost impossible to find), as well as magazine holders. Any recommendation on generic models if that is appropriate? Also, I will need about 800 rounds for the course, so would like to know what type of ammo to avoid. I know these are pretty open ended, but look to the group to get me up to speed in time for my course. TIA

FNH USA 66330-2 FNS-9 Magazine 17-Rnd Blk - ManVenture Outpost, LLC.

$39.60 per mag with 77 in stock.

Reactions: Spike72AFA
1 - 14 of 14 Posts