FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I know this is going to be a dumb question, and at best will probably make most roll their eyes or laugh, but here goes.

Edited to remove questionable content, sorry.

Some time ago, I purchased a PS90 second-hand. It has a Gen 3 hammer pack, which has a broken part in it. It has always functioned fine, and never had any malfunctions, but I noticed that a piece of one of the parts is broken off. I am worried about whether it will break more, or could possibly cause a malfunction.

I see online where people sell Gen 1 and 2 hammer packs for what is (to me) a ridiculous price. I cannot possibly see spending $800 or $900 on a hammer pack. Personally, I don't care whether I get a Gen 1, 2, 3, or 4, but I need a replacement. Preferably, due to cost, I am looking for either a 3 or 4, and I have made a "WTB" post on the forum seeking one.

I'm posting this here, to see if anyone has any leads on parts dealers, suppliers, or some way to order replacement parts. I've looked at Midwest Gun Works, and they show the hammer pack as being $75, but also out of stock. Google searching has come up with nothing but "rare" and super expensive Gen 1 and 2's. Surely there has to be SOMEPLACE to get replacement parts, right?

I'm new to FN Herstal, and to PS90s, but the fact that a currently produced modern firearm has absolutely zero repair parts available? It's just ridiculous. I'm used to AR15s where I can generally find replacement parts anywhere. I don't understand why things are so tight for PS90 parts.

I emailed FNH USA to see if I can possibly buy one from them, but I don't know if they will sell me a hammer pack. I have a feeling they will want the entire gun shipped in to them, and given that the broken part is in the hammer pack, I am not sure if they will assume something sinister has been done to the gun, tampering wise, and I don't know how they will be to deal with.

Any help would be appreciated. I am only looking to fix my PS90, and I'm desperate for a hammer pack in 100% working order.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Outside of asking FNH customer support, I do not know of an outside source to help out your dilemma.
I do not know if FNH can sell you one directly, but check FNH's local licensed dealership locator.
Call around and ask each of these dealers and see if they can order for you a replacement part or the trigger/hammer pack.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Ok, I know this is going to be a dumb question, and at best will probably make most roll their eyes or laugh, but here goes
You might post what you are looking for in the Want To Buy section of the forum.

Reactions: pyronuc

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Browning gun parts in Missouri. Google them to find the number
Is Midwest Gun Works who you're talking about? I did a search and that was the most likely thing I found.

I found this: FNH PS 90 Trigger Housing Assembly, Semi-Auto That's the hammer pack for $75, but, of course, sold out. I'll see if I can track down Brownign Gun Parts, in case that's not them.

Welcome to the forums!

Outside of asking FNH customer support, I do not know of an outside source to help out your dilemma.
I do not know if FNH can sell you one directly, but check FNH's local licensed dealership locator.
Call around and ask each of these dealers and see if they can order for you a replacement part or the trigger/hammer pack.
I'll see if I can find a licensed dealer locator, and make some calls. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Have you tried calling the FNH USA parts department? They might have some in stock, maybe.

Is Midwest Gun Works who you're talking about? I did a search and that was the most likely thing I found.

I found this: FNH PS 90 Trigger Housing Assembly, Semi-Auto That's the hammer pack for $75, but, of course, sold out. I'll see if I can track down Brownign Gun Parts, in case that's not them.

I'll see if I can find a licensed dealer locator, and make some calls. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Call FNH Parts Department, 1-800-635-1321, they will sell you one if they are in stock or place you on the back order list if they don't have them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you tried calling the FNH USA parts department? They might have some in stock, maybe.
I sent an email, I think I'll try to give them a call. I've already got a list of a few licensed dealers, and I'll check them and see if they can order it, if FN won't ship to a lowly customer, lol.

show us pics of what's broken.. :D
Uhh...sorry...not going there, man. Just describing the broken part got me scolded. I have been recalibrated. :?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I sent an email, I think I'll try to give them a call. I've already got a list of a few licensed dealers, and I'll check them and see if they can order it, if FN won't ship to a lowly customer, lol.

Uhh...sorry...not going there, man. Just describing the broken part got me scolded. I have been recalibrated. :?
So you're saying the original owner more than likely tried to do bad things. Enough said.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you're saying the original owner more than likely tried to do bad things. Enough said.
I have no idea what happened. Something was broken. Gun functions perfectly as a semi-auto only firearm, with no malfunctions. That's all I know. I just worry about further breakage, pieces jamming stuff up, etc. The gun operates exactly as it is supposed to, as a semi-auto PS90. But... I suppose it's best not to even discuss bad things. I'm going to assume it was some type of accident, or someone was trying to clean things and broke something. ;-)

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Awesome!! I don't know how this didn't come up in my GB searches? That's really odd. I'll have to keep an eye on this one and maybe try to snag it. It's a Gen 3, so maybe not a lot of interest, I hope.
The seller is also a forum sponsor. :?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well...here's an update. I called FN, pressed "1" to order parts, and talked with someone with a really bad cough, lol. He told me I could, infact, order a hammer pack for my PS90, but he said it would be a little bit until they ship. He said maybe a month or so. With shipping, he charged me $56. I figured I might as well order one. I'm pretty certain they'll ship me a Gen 4 hammer pack, but that works just fine for me.

I think I'm still going to stalk the GB auction for that Gen 3 hammer pack, cause who knows, I may get it at a decent price, and it may just get to me sooner. If so, I'll probably just hang on to both of them, so I have a spare.

I'm still just amazed at the lack of aftermarket parts, and the virtual non-existence of repair parts, it seems. I like this PS90, but the support for them sure isn't like what it is for the AR15, lol.

So, happy ending to the story? We'll see, I guess. Hopefully I get my replacement hammer pack from FN soon, but then again, I'm waiting on my Form 1 to make this thing an SBR anyhow, so wait, wait, wait. Seems like finding a 10.3" barrel is going to be tricky, too.

Edit: I'm actually kind of shocked that FN didn't even ask any questions, and only charged me $56 (which was the total INCLUDING shipping).

·
Registered
95 Posts
did you call stryker enterprises directly? If he has them on gunbroker, he can probably ship your one directly from his site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
did you call stryker enterprises directly? If he has them on gunbroker, he can probably ship your one directly from his site.
Didn't think of that...DUH!! Silly me. I guess I assumed it was a one-off kind of thing, why he was dumping it on Gunbroker. Worth a call, I guess... I'll post back with the outcome.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Didn't think of that...DUH!! Silly me. I guess I assumed it was a one-off kind of thing, why he was dumping it on Gunbroker. Worth a call, I guess... I'll post back with the outcome.
He usually has everything....it may not be on his site, but call or email him.....i remember he had an fs2000 trigger pack for me when I couldnt find one anywhere.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SUCCESS!! Man, you guys are awesome!! I appreciate all the help. Stryker Enterprises has some Gen 3 hammer packs (the only ones they have right now) in stock, so I bought one from him. Same price it would have been for the one on Gunbroker. Actually, slightly cheaper. Gunbroker was $75 plus $15 shipping, for $90. I called up Stryker Enterprises and got hooked up for $86 shipped.

So, $30 more than getting it direct from FN, but then FN is out of stock right now, anyhow. I should have this one in hand by the end of next week, and my spare one from FN will be here who knows when, lol. But...I like to have spare parts for my guns (I have a whole drawer full of extra AR15 parts -- could almost build a whole extra rifle), so it's all good.
You guys on this forum have been super helpful, and I'm extremely grateful. I'm glad there is such a good community here, and I plan to stick around. Like I said, I'm brand new to FN stuff, so I've got a lot to learn. I've always had my eye on a FiveseveN pistol, too, so I may have to branch out and pick up some other toys, lol.

Thanks again for all the help, guys! It took a while, but you guys got me where I needed to go. :smile:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.