FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum after Christmas because of the info I found here. I have several firearms but received my first
FN from my son this Christmas. I am now the proud owner of a FNX 45. I am an avid shooter of two Kimber 1911's
so I fell in love with the FNX's controls right off. I have a pet load for my Kimber's and could not wait to go run some
rounds through my new FNX. Upon touching it off the first time, the slide didn't even break loose. Long story short,
none of my loads would make the pistol run, at all. Chambered great, shot great and accurate also but would not
even TRY to eject. I've never had anything like this happen so I checked all the routine stuff and nothing came up so I
went home a bit confused. I went online and found this forum and began to search and read. In about ten minutes of
reading I received a great education on the experience of breaking in a new FNX 45. I went to the loading room in my shop, looked up a little stiffer load with a little heavier bullet as per the advice I had gathered and loaded two different loads, 15 rounds each. The next day went out to test. The lighter of the two loads did in fact try to eject but stove piped. I am please to say the next load not only ran perfectly but was extremely accurate as we'll. I'm new to online forums but I was so impressed with the info this one's members had I just had to join and tell all of you guys and gals thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the FNX!

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

FYI, FNH does not recommend using handloads in their pistols, preferring factory instead as well there could be warranty issues.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hello and welcome from Utah! I too have kimber & FNX's and love them both

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome! Always lots of good info here from a variety of very knowledgeable people here. Most questions quickly answered in detail. Each weapon certainly has it's own quirks. Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome from AZ!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts