FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first go at a spray-job. Picked up the rifle in July, painted it over the holidays, get to run it for a 1-day class with Larry Vickers next month.
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
I like it.

How do you like the VLTOR stock? I've been eying them.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Nice looking paint job on your 16 by the way!! And let us know how the class go.

Reactions: ParaBella

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it.

How do you like the VLTOR stock? I've been eying them.
Put it on right before I painted her and I haven't gotten to the range post-holidays. Without having run it, I can say I really appreciate having some stash-space for odds/ends, the option to run a QD sling attachment is nice (tho' I don't use it), and it has a beefier feel than the factory stock. So far, so good...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And that emoticon was supposed to be a wink, not a thumbs-down... I'm still new to the forum mechanics =]

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
And that emoticon was supposed to be a wink, not a thumbs-down... I'm still new to the forum mechanics =]
You do know you can go back and edit your post using the links at the bottom of the post?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You do know you can go back and edit your post using the links at the bottom of the post?
Yup, played with it a bit and figured I'd better wait to use my laptop instead of the tiny smartphone... Plus, I'm a firm believer in screwing something up in order to learn how to NOT screw it up in the future :wink:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Congrats on the new stick!

I've been to LV's classes before. He and Pat Rogers (EAG) are probably the lowest BS instructors out there. Be prepared to get your feelings hurt, LV doesn't pull punches when evaluating your performance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Be prepared to get your feelings hurt, LV doesn't pull punches when evaluating your performance.
This will be the Basic Carbine class, which I'm mainly taking as a pre-req for his advanced courses. That said, I am looking forward to reaffirming what I do know, getting smacked in the face with what I DON'T know, and figuring out what isn't working. It's too easy to rely on what you know you're doing well and miss the things that need improvement, IMHO.

Thanks for helping confirm I made a good choice =]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts